New Look Style the Nation party

Last week I went to London to attend a couple of events, one of which was the New Look Style the Nation launch. I met up with the lovely Lily (am not just being polite, she is truly lovely company), and we had a funny day including getting interviewed for Radio 1 about driving legislation changes,  me popping the boob button off my dress and having to grovel to a hotel receptionist to give me a freebie sewing kit ( Note to self: don't wear Primark to events!), and having some in-depth conversations about the wacky world of blogging. 

Before we get down to the goss, here's what the event was actually promoting. Channel 4 say it best on the website
'New Look Style The Nation' is a brand new Channel 4 show hosted by T4's Nick Grimshaw, each week two would-be stylists will compete in a head-to-head catwalk competition. It's also jam-packed full of celebrity guests, music acts and plenty of fashion tips.
If you're good at whacking outfits together and would like to win the chance to be a stylist for New Look (that's the prize), you can apply on the Channel 4 website. Good luck! 

Here's a few pictures from the event:

Red carpet! Eep!
Karl Coke!
I got bang on it. Photo courtesy of Lily's post about the event. A bit like this one but with far better photography!
Lily on the booze
Outfit photo! My dress is Primark, Lily's is Topshop.

T4 presenter Georgie O'kell
The back of Nick Grimshaw's head (was too nervous to approach him!) 
The front of Nick Grimshaw's head (never too nervous to stalk someone through a crowd)
Lauren from TOWIE being interviewed and papped by many. They were so busy fussing over her,  Jaime Winstone wandered in unnoticed! Except by me...
I went straight back in the venue and asked for a pic! Not the best one but to be frank she didn't seem very nice so I didn't want to bother her for a second photo...
Other funny celeb moments included: 

- Sadie Frost's children seeing my Karl coke bottle and pointing at it and whispering all excited. Saw them all holding one shortly after! 

- Me grabbing Lily's arm in shock and alerting her excitedly that I had spotted Stacey Solomon... Turns out it was a randomer. Celeb fail. Did I tell you about the time I was at The Look Show with Lily and was zooming in to take photos of Olivia Palermo who was sitting on the opposite side of the catwalk? Wasn't her. 10 photos of a random brunette. 

- Spotting the Canadian guy from The Model Agency AND one of the guys from The Wanted on the way to the bus stop. I don't know why I get so excited by 'celebs' I don't even care about?! It's so embarrassing. 

It was a really fun night. And whilst I didn't really come away from the event with any grasp on what Style The Nation was actually about (a guy did a speech but his mic was too low! Had to check the Channel 4 site to find out what it was about!), they put on a fab party and filled the venue with enough booze and celebs (Lily included!) to keep everyone happy. And that, my friends, is the key to publicity!

Joking aside, the show does sound fab, and if Uni hadn't scared me off styling for life, I would totally be entering!

0 comments:

Post a Comment