My article is in The Times today!

Gotta be quick as I am literally meant to be packing the car to move house NOW but my article I wrote during my work experience at The Times has been published today! I interviewed the lady behind WAH Nails, Sharmadean Reid!  Can you imagine how exciting/shitscary this was for me?!

I'm so proud because I had expected work experience at such a huge newspaper to be making teas and fact-checking, but to be allowed to pitch my own ideas, organise my own interview, take my own photos and write up the article was so unexpected and amazing. And terrifying, of course. And now to see it printed... Speechless! 




(I foolishly offered to paint Sharmadean's 'wrong' hand for her! My hand was literally vibrating! Didn't look TOO bad at the end of it though...)

I also negotiated an offer for readers of Young Times, so if you take the article into the Dalston salon by Monday, you'll get 25% off manicures! Woop! 

Thanks Sharmadean and the WAH team for being so friendly and to Daisy and the team at The Times for the amazing experience! 

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment