5 Reasons I'll Never Be Perfect


We all know the feeling...
- You sit down at your computer.
- You pull up a few of your favorite blogs.
- You admire the blogger's outfit photos, ooh and ahh over their latest DIYs, and read all about their perfect husband, kids, vacation, you name it...

Well, lately I've been receiving some pretty sweet emails from readers asking me "How do you balance it all so perfectly?!"  And don't get me wrong...a huge part of me wants to keep up this facade of perfection!  But I know that the perception produced through a blog is simply NOT the whole picture.  So I occasionally create posts like this one in an effort to "keep it real."

So without further ado, here are 5 reasons I'm very, very far from perfect (I'm saving the remaining 436 reasons for future posts):

TRUTH #5: We are lucky nowadays if the fridge actually contains food.
Before the baby, I cooked every night.  And not the kind of cooking that comes in a box with a packet of MSG.  I loved nothing more than to channel my inner Barefoot Contessa and try something new and fancy-like every evening.

Well, as you can see from this embarrassing photo...momma hasn't gone grocery shopping in a while.  Sigh...

Truth #4: This is what I wear most days during maternity leave...
See?!?!  A photo of me NOT wearing heels! :)
Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment