How Bazaar!



Hey all!

It was my vintage/secondhand sale today at the Courtyard Bazaar in Canterbury! I am knackered. It's surprising how tiring it is sitting on your bum in the sun all day (well actually, I managed to pick the spot which only got about 5 minutes of sun all day! I was the only person sat in a fur coat, whilst everyone else was tanning it up)!

It was a really fun day, and lovely to feel like a part of something new. Canterbury never has any cool markets or craft/vintage stalls so it was cool to be a part of the first Bazaar in town! It's happening for the next 2 Saturdays in Canterbury so do try and check it out if you're a local.

I didn't get an outfit piccy (I wore my Miss Selfridge playsuit with polka dot tights, leopard flats and a bumbag, of course!) but just to fill the outfit void, here is a picture of what I wore to uni the other day. I found the Ray Bans in town last week! Finder keepers! They've sparked many a row between the boyf and I about who should have custody of them!



(Top and skirt, both £7.99 from h&m, Fur - h&m, boots - charity shop, necklace - Dusky Ledoux. )

Anywho, here's some pictures of the stalls in the courtyard. The first stall is Becky and Jenny's. I used to work with Becky at Topshop and she now has a vintage business called Mods 'n' Bods. Their stall was abuzz all day because they had heaps and heaps of wicked stuff. They put my vintage dregs to shame! I fell in love with some boots on their stall but as ever, they were size 5. Every vintage shoe I've ever loved has been a bloody size 5. I hate my 6.5's sometimes. The second stall is Kate's, she was the one who organised the event. I loved her red frame to display the fabric totes.



This is a lovely lady called Liz (all the L's there!) She was sat next to me and kept me highly amused all day with her northern wit! She has a jewellery company called Broken Needle Jewellery and makes this awesome plywood jewellery. There's so many jewellery craft websites out there these days it's easy to forget how much effort goes into it, especially with Liz's creations as she has sawn the shapes and painted them too. I've checked out her Myspace (her bigcartel site is under maintenance atm) and she also offers a bespoke service so it's got my cogs whirring about possible creations...



Last and probably least, here's my shonky (word credit to Susie Bubble on that one!) stall. My rail got blown over twice! Yes not only was I the only one without any sunshine, I was also the one with a 1 metre square hurricane going on most of the day. Fml! Alex stopped by with some of my favourite chocolate bars to perk me up throughout the day :) I made about £150 which is amazing considering it's just crap that's been in the loft for ages! I've got heaps more where that came from!




It was such a fun day. I really recommend finding out if there's something like this in your area (or starting one up?) if you have stuff to sell. It's much better than ebay. No 99p start prices, no agonising 10 day wait... You can get the price your items deserve, and meet some lovely folks in the process!

I'll be back tomorrow morning (or if I oversleep, tomorrow afternoon after work!) with all the leopard nail pictures people have sent me after trying out my liquid eyeliner DIY! It's so touching to know people have been trying it out :) If you've had a go, don't be shy, send me a picture!!

Much love xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment