A Cinderella story at The Contour Ball!

Whew, sorry to disappear slightly there! 

I've been busy finishing up my last university obligations. I've had my final exhibition which was great because I got a chance to share the hard copy of my Tuesday Tips book with people, and had a day at Graduate Fashion Week, where I was being considered (and later rejected...) for the Marketing award. 

I can finally share the goss from the Contour Fashion Ball which I attended a couple of weeks ago along with Jenny (The Style PA) as Wonderbra's 'special guests'! 

I had never heard of the Contour Fashion Ball before, but it is an annual event that brings together key figures from the lingerie and swimwear industry to raise money (with fun auctions etc) for The Retail Trust and The Fashion and Textiles Children's Trust. These charities help anyone working in (or with relatives working in) the retail/fashion/textiles industries in the event of a crisis. As many of us bloggers know too well, the average retail worker doesn't make much money, so it was great to learn about charities specifically recognising this plight and supporting workers when necessary. 

The Ball itself was swank personified! It was held at The Savoy Hotel, in the Lancaster Ballroom. Now I'm not the formalwear type, so after momentarily freaking out about what to wear and having a supermarket sweep round Topshop, I decided it defeated the object of being offered the opportunity to go to a £150-a-head event for free if I was going to spend a load of dough on an outfit! I rooted around my wardrobe and decided to take a 20's approach to my outfit, with a mint green flapper dress from H&M (about 4 years ago!) and some dainty St Michael flats (seen better here). 


I found this little leather handbag for £1 in my local charity shop on the morning of the event, and also added a H&M shrug cardigan.


Here are some snaps from the night. (Excuse my flat helmet hair, it got absolutely drenched on the walk to the hotel and didn't have time to wash it and revamp it!)
 
Eeee, my name on a posh place card! 




Look at the gorge table and buckets o' booze! Sure there must be a posher word for that...


The yummy Salmon main course (with veg arranged in a facial expression not unlike this :| )


The stunning decorative walls and purpley pink lighting:


Me and the gorgeous Martina from Wonderbra (who was wearing actual Louboutin's!) God, I look deathly when photographed next to bronzed babes! 


See? I look less pale photographed alone!


Jenny and I had some photo booth fun!! God I want pink hair.


Later in the evening, us and the marketing ladies from DB Apparel (the company that owns Wonderbra, Playtex and Shock Absorber among others) decided to sneak off for an explore around the hotel! 





[I yoinked the last two pics from Jenny's blog about the event! Check it out!]

We found a little museum area which had some err, famous heads in it (god knows whose), Marlene Dietrich's hotel room requests and a funny little notice...





After that it was back to the lovely hotel room Wonderbra provided for me. I decided against sleep because I wanted to make the most of my fab room, so I stayed up reading Company mag. :)


The next morning I was sooo sleepy. I still managed to take an outfit photo of sorts in the bathroom mirror. Also a good opportunity to reveal my strange and unearned flexible joints to y'all. It's almost hard to believe I sit on my arse most days eating doughnuts...

[top - H&M, jeggings - Topshop, shoes - charity shop, bow - H&M)

Then I remembered there was actually a full length mirror. Duh. Shouldn't have stayed up most of the night reading Company!


Oh yeah, I had minty green nails (Mint Choc Chip by 17) to match my dress. 


Then I decided it would be fun to walk (lugging my wheely bag along behind me) from the hotel back to my train station. I always think everywhere in London is only 15 minutes away. I was wrong. Very wrong.  Over an hour later, I arrived at Charing Cross a sweaty, wheezing wreck. Safe to say my Cinderella night at the ball was officially over! 

But what a fun night it was! More importantly, the event raised a fabulous £50,000 towards the charities (there's still time to donate if you fancy). 

Many thanks to Wonderbra for whisking me off for a night of luxury for such a good cause!

 

♥ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment