Sick bags and freebie nail art bags

Hello chums <3

I'm up (very up) in Scotland at the moment, having a rollercoaster time... We had an amazing couple of days in Glasgow visiting Alex's family (and meeting the lovely Ayden) and then drove up to Cullen to Alex's parent's house on Tuesday night. It's been lovely up here. There's so many funny little fishing villages round here (we're right on the coast) and we've been doing a lot of driving around to different towns. Mainly checking out the few charity shops! 

The downside was that at about half midnight last night I started violently vomiting and did so every half an hour until about 7am. I have narrowed culprits down to either Vodka, eating a bit of a chilli which I mistook for red pepper (ouch) and trying Roquefort cheese... So I've been in bed more or less all day and am feeling a lot better now. My back and ribs are really aching from the exertion of it all. 

Then an upside came when I logged onto my Uni website to find I will be graduating Uni with a first on 13th July :D If you knew me in real life, and knew some of the crap I endured at uni, you'll know how cathartic it feels for me to have come through it all with a first. I've always been a B or C-grade girl, so I'm feeling pretty chuffed.

Anyway, here's my sicky self (wearing only mascara) posing with something rather fab I received in Boots on Tuesday! 




(Bow - Primark, Dress - Charity Shop, Nails - Rimmel fruity scented 'Strawberry fizz' and my black and white Models Own x WAH nail pens)

The 'Nail Bar in a Bag' is a Boots freebie available when you buy two 17 products before July 12th. It comes with a leopard print nail file, pink leopard heart-shaped nail stickers (epic) and the Pink Grapefruit and Knockout Red polishes they seem to give away with all of their freebie sets! 

I couldn't pick what to buy, but on a whim I decided to put my Boots card in one of the machines to find out extra deals, and one was to receive a free Hide & Chic concealer pen with any 17 purchase. So with the promise of a free nail art bag AND concealer, I picked a couple of new polishes and cashed in on the freebs! 

Does anyone else check the Boots deal machines? I'm sure they must have a proper name... I'm going to keep doing it in the future!

Anyway, I'm going to go and snuggle with Alex and watch Hollyoaks. He's been such a dreamboat while I've been ill. Emptying my sick bucket and stroking my back whilst wretching... So romantic! Couldn't love that boy more.


PS - Borrowing Alex's dad's camera seeing as mine exploded, but we don't have the lead to upload the pics, hence Photoboothing. Also trying to film a vid diary of our time up here on Alex's Flip-style camera to share with you all, seeing as my last video post was so well received :) 

PPS - What do you make of my new header? I made it on the 6.5 hour train up to Glasgow! The outline is a bit bumpy but I'll rectify it another time. Have never made my own header before! The nail polish was drawn by Emilie Lashmar for one of my uni projects. 
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment