Dorothy Perkins Denim Challenge: Day 1!

Morning all! 

Lots of outfit posts to come this week, as Dorothy Perkins have asked me to be one of 5 bloggers to take part in their 'Denim Challenge'! Every day this week, I'll be styling a different style of jean that DP have to offer. Let me begin by pointing out that although the jeans are freebies, you can't put a price on integrity, so any opinions I do share will be totally honest! I respect my blog and you all too much to have it any other way.

What is so refreshing about Dorothy Perkins' blogger outreach is that they have allowed us some creative freedom with the jeans they send us. So if we're not flares fans, we are free to slice and dice the jeans into whatever style we like! I'm going to try and use this experience to step out of my comfort zone a bit and experiment with other fits of jeans, so shall try to refrain from being too snip-happy!

Today is Super Skinny Jean day, so I picked a pair of the distressed Indigo jeans (rrp £28). I wore these as soon as they arrived in the post on Friday. I went for lunch with Alex and his family, which ended up being a 3 course feast, and despite the fact I had inflated to twice my original size, the stretch-factor in these jeans meant I was perfectly comfortable! The jeans are quite high rise too, so muffin-watch patrol wasn't necessary. Impressive for £12 less (rrp) than my usual jean choice! It's worth pointing out they do come up a tad roomy, so if you are a 12 in Topshop jeans, opt for a 10 in Dorothy Perkins. 

I'm wearing them to uni today with my New Look wedges and DIY tee. I've seemingly got a bit over-excited at the slightest hint of sunshine, hence the crop top, but I will be layering up with a cardi and big coat to prevent pneumonia. Safety first, people.




So, day 1 of my Denim Challenge has been a breeze, as skinnies are firmly within my comfort zone. In fact they are the only jean 'genre' I have worn in the past 6 years, so I think the real challenges will begin tomorrow! Eek!

Check out Dorothy Perkins' blog, as mine and the other bloggers' outfits will be posted on there at some point today!

I'm off to learn and stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment