Tuesday tip: Paint it black

Fashionably late, I know!

I wasn't even going to do a Tuesday tip this week, what with my trip away yesterday (it was awesome, by the way!), but sorting out my jewellery right before I went, I realised I was actually committing a tip then and there. So I took a few snaps to post up today!

I really like my toothy H&M necklace, but as with all cheapie jewellery, it goes all tarnished and crappy really quickly. I just got a really thick black polish by Rimmel ('Black Out') with my ASOS voucher, so I used it to paint over the tarnish and it looks all glossy and brand new now! Not exactly genius, but it has saved me chucking it in the bin and spending money on something new, so I thought I'd share!

Before - ew.


After - good as new!


I wish there was a way to prevent my faux-gold Topshop jewellery from tarnishing. People do say that painting clear nail varnish on jewellery prevents tarnishing (and green finger syndrome), but I'm not sure the gloss would look right on necklaces etc. Maybe a Matte top coat would work though? Hmmm, call that an unconfirmed extra Tuesday tip!

I'm catching up on Glee whilst Alex is seeing a friend, and also officially cancelling my social life from now until May 10th. From here on in, it's my Final Major Project all the way. I want my Tuesday Tips Bible (that's not the actual name of the book, just my affectionate nickname for it!) to be awesome. And that isn't going to happen if I'm going for dinner and having pals round all the time. Maybe I'll save pennies in the process!

Hope you've all been luscious. And I'll be picking a winner for my Boots competition tomorrow (it's closed now) so stand by your inboxes!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment