DP Denim Challenge: Final day!


Well, today marks the final day of the Dorothy Perkins Denim Challenge, and it is indeed the biggest style challenge I've faced this week. The wide leg!

A week of trying new styles seems to have built up my confidence, because I have decided to wear these jeans in an almost completely 'normal' way. For the sake of challenging myself, I wanted to see what it was like to wear an outfit without any of my usual style comfort blankets. No ankle socks. No leather. No leopard print. Yep, to quote The Mighty Boosh, this outfit is about as edgy as a satsuma.  




Blouse - c/o A|Wear (It's now £12.50 in the sale!), Shoes - thrifted from Guerrisol in Paris.

To my surprise, I am actually quite enjoying this outfit. I was originally going to cutesify it with some socks and wedges, but like I said, I decided to go for a less predictable (for me) look and see how it felt. And it feels nice, in an understatedly stylish way. I can totally see myself wearing this outfit to lunch. I do feel a bit stripped of my identity in a way, without any of my usual playfully punky signifiers present, but maybe it's sometimes good to take a break from all the style signifying and just enjoy some subtlety.

However, I couldn't resist adding a hint of playfulness (not sure about the punk!) with my kitten necklace from Claire's accessories! The lippy is by No7 and was sent to me a while back. It's from the limited edition Spring collection and the shade is 'Grace'. I've been wearing it quite a lot, as it's this lovely peachy nude shade. I had to share it with you, as I've found it to be the most moisturising formula of any lippies I own, and it works really well as a cream blusher too! 



And that wraps up my week of Denim challenges! It's been a real eye opener, and so nice to have an 'excuse' to challenge myself with my outfits every day. A bit like the wardrobe wake up I did last year! I feel newly energised and I am going to keep the momentum going, and continue making more of an effort with my outfits. Bring on tomorrow! 

So, what do you make of the wide leg look? Are you disappointed I didn't stick to my usual style, or is it refreshing? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment