Tuesday Tips: Perfect polka dot nails!

Mmmmm spotty nails...







I have always yearned for perfectly polka dotted nails of my own, but have never been able to achieve it just using a nail polish brush. I thought using my nail pen might work better, but it turned out you couldn't get consistent dots with that either. What was wrong with me..? Couldn't I do anything right..? Before spiralling into depression, I did what any Generation Y-er at rock bottom would do. Youtube'd it.

Enter cutepolish and her alternatives to 'dotting tools'. Nail salons use these funny tools (see vid) to create spots, and they are actually rather cheap on eBay. But cutepolish has saved us a few quid and the anxiety of waiting for mail... (God, I sound well unhinged tonight!)


In her tutorial, Ms cutepolish outlines 5 ways to create polka dot nails using stuff around the house. Perfect Tuesday Tip material!

I decided to try out the Kirby Grip method and the sewing pin method. I started out with a base of Turquoise Shimmer, sent to me by Beauty UK. It's a bit like my favourite Models Own Top Turquoise polish, but with a shimmery tint. Lovely!



I then bent the kirby grip open and went a bit polka dot crazy! They came out so much more even than using a nail brush or pen! I just wish I'd spaced them out a bit more!


For the second method, cutepolish stuck her sewing pin in the end of a pencil to make it easier to use (her genius tips are making me feel sickeningly inadequate!)



I only tested this out on a couple of nails but I absolutely loved it! Perfect chubby polka dots!

I hope this has prevented anyone else from a downward spiral into depression. Dotpression.

Go forth and be spotty!!!


PS - Sorry I haven't posted in a week. I have been incredibly busy with my FMP and this website! BBS! x

PPS - Can any of you chums tell me how to stop Blogger indenting every paragraph in my blog posts? Pisses me off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment