What I did at LFW: Day 3

Aloha! 

I know it's a bit late to be rabbiting on about LFW when the fashion world has moved onto pastures new (or indeed jew), but not many exciting things happen in my life so I plan to drag this out for weeks to come. 

Only joking, this is my last LFW diary post, as the Sunday was my last day at fashion week! Let's backtrack for a second though, as I forgot to post my outfit from Day 2. I kept my LFW looks very consistent: Cropped biker, flats and printed ankle socks. I really loved this outfit. It's definitely one of my favourites. 

Jacket - Topshop, Dress - c/o A|Wear, Socks - Topshop, Bag - Vintage, Glasses - Specsavers
And this was Day 2's outfit (excuse the off-guard expression - Alex likes to take pictures whilst I'm in the middle of barking photography commands at him). I didn't THINK I would be going to anything besides exhibitions so I opted for comfort and warmth with Topshop skinny jeans and a woolly cat print jumper from a charity shop! I wore my lovely Wallpaper Rose t-shirt Alex got me for christmas (sold out now - boo!) underneath and wore the peter pan collar over the jumper. 


Also wore my lovely ring which was a Christmas gift from Stolen Thunder. They are also giving you guys 15% off when you use the code 'GEM' at the checkout.  


When I got to Somerset House I had a mooch around all of the exhibitions. There was a stall of Paperself eyelashes (intricately cut paper eyelash accessories!) and you could get some done for free. But, call me hideously generic, I kind of prefer my bog standard Eylures. Especially on a rainy day! I was bewitched by the Zebra lashes though... Quite amazing! 



I then went to the Ecoluxe exhibition opposite Somerset House. Everyone at the exhibition was ridiculously friendly and although most of the designs didn't really press my buttons, I had such a nice time chatting to the designers there. 

One lady I met was Alexandra Abraham, who makes bangles and brooches out of, erm, everything. Her price tags are not for the likes of skint students like me, but she was just so lovely I had to post about her work! All of her pieces are created of broken up china, buttons and coins that she's found all over the place, from her garden to the Thames, and then wrapped in gold. Because of the way they're made, each piece is totally unique. And each piece of each piece has it's own story! Lovely! 



I then met the designer behind Lowie, an ethical knitwear brand. I was chatting to Bronwyn for quite a while (and teaching her how to tweet!) She then offered me a lovely chocolate from a box of chocs she'd been given! I'm telling you, these eco folks knocked the socks off most of the pretentious goons a few metres away in Somerset House! I loved Lowie's knitted headbands the most (and they're only £22!)




Back in Somerset House, I caught up with one of my favourite faces I see at fashiony events, Emily (editor of My Fashion Life). She was parading her foxy mask that the lucky sods going to the Mulberry party received.


 Speaking of lucky Mulberry-party-going sods, I bumped into Carrie from WishWishWish. I didn't get to talk to her for long because I'd bumped into Seb from Notion and he had offered me a ticket to Pam Hogg, so I wanted to go and snap some street style before it was time to go to that.  I loved Carrie's outfit. I always think laid back looks so much cooler in a sea of attention grabbers.


Another cool customer in a camel coat was the awesome Zoe. (I adored the outfit she wore the day before too! Photo from Katie's blog - read on!) I met Zoe through Katie, who goes to uni with my brother and is also an awesome blogger. I loved meeting Katie and her crew, they kept me very entertained whilst we all attempted street style photography at Somerset House and also while we were freezing our butts off in the queue for Pam Hogg.


Ohhhh btw, I photographed Jameela Jamil! They're a bit blurry because my hands go wobbly in time-pressured situations like trying to take a picture of a stunning celeb rushing into the tent! I didn't get to talk to her as such, but after we'd finished papping her, I said 'Hope you have a good night, you look stunning', and as she was dashing off, she really sincerely replied 'that's such a sweet thing to say, thank you'. How nice is that?! 



I also fell in love with The Style Crusaders custom DM's. Epitome. Of. Cool. 


We got to Pam Hogg early and were queueing for what felt like 347 years, in arctic temparatures. But luckily, because we were at the front of the queue we had a great view of the celebs going into the show! As described earlier, the 2-second time frame to get photos of people (plus the frostbite I had now acquired) got the better of my photography skills... So I give you:

Jaime Winstone being hugged by a man:


Jaime Winstone not being hugged by a man:


DAISY LOWE rushing into the show about 20 minutes before it was supposed to start (she was closing the show). My number one girl crush! I'm so glad that baby Jesus was on my side and let this photo come out clear. 


 Didn't get any good pictures of inside the show unfortunately. The only one that did come out was this  (very) figure-hugging leather strappy ensemble... Complete with taxidermised bird on the head. You can just about make out the inflatable character on the front row, 'Pandemonia'.


A snap of Daisy Lowe (and her supernaturally pert breasts, it has to be said) in a huge gold dress with a bird's nest on her head. Much clearer pictures of the show on this blog!


After the show, Katie and I had to run like Forrest Gump to catch out trains from Charing Cross (a strange journey that involved a drunken tramp falling arse over tit in front of us!) Luckily we got there in time and I even had time to grab some 'dinner' from WH Smiths - A large pack of mini eggs and some cheesy Doritos! 

And that wraps up my most fun day of LFW!

Normal blogging (aka. moaning about uni work) will resume shortly. Bet you can hardly contain yourselves!

Much love! 

PS - Enter my Boots competition if you fancy, and don't forget you can get 15% off at Motel stuff using the code 'GEMFATALE'! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment