Losing the Baby Weight


FACT:  
A woman gains weight when pregnant.

FACT:  
It is totally normal to worry about how you'll lose the weight following the birth of your child.

FICTION:  
It is impossible to lose the weight.  
I have been told by so many mothers that it was just NOT possible to lose the weight so not to even try.  Hearing this just makes me even more determined!

It's been 3 weeks since I gave birth to Cooper (crazy!) and my body has undergone more changes in these past few weeks than I could ever imagine.

First, let me begin my saying that my weight has NOT been my main focus during this time.  My focus is 100% on my son and my husband and celebrating these precious days as a new family.  That said, I am trying to take good care of myself and get my body back into it's normal groove as pregnancy pretty much hijacked my diet + body.

So many of you have asked me to share a little about this weight loss journey.  And I have to admit, writing this is actually very difficult!  It just seems so personal...but I do hope that it helps alleviate some concerns many of you may have about this time in your life.

The FACTS:
My 1st trimester weight:  121 lbs
My final weigh-in:  162 lbs

Yep.  I gained more than what was considered "healthy."  And guess what?  I didn't really care.  I ate somewhat healthy but I didn't obsess over calories or what I was consuming.  I didn't overindulge...but I certainly enjoyed the occasional root beer float or midnight bowl of Cheerios!  

My current weight (3 weeks after baby):   135 lbs

So how am I losing the weight?
  • I eat according to the Four Hour Body Diet (my typical way of eating before baby).  
    • This means no processed carbs, sugar (including fruit), or any beverage containing calories.
    • I eat TONS of vegetables and protein. 
    • You get one "cheat day" a week.  This means every Saturday you can find me indulging in my every culinary desire (waffles, milkshakes, more waffles...)
  • Take a long walk every day 
    • I haven't been cleared for exercise yet, so I indulge in long walks outside.  Usually no less than 3 miles.  Cooper loves them, Palmer enjoys the exercise and I soak in the fresh air (helps to wake me up!)
  • Drinking tons of water
  • Breastfeeding
  • I am using a Belly Bandit
So I have less than 15 lbs to go to get back to my starting weight.  But I am already feeling more like myself...not to mention that it is a WONDERFUL feeling to fit into your old clothes again after so many months away!  

So I hope this post has been somewhat informative (or at least interesting!) to those of you who requested I write on the topic.  If you are still interested, I will continue to document my efforts with an occasional post...

What did you find helpful to lose the weight post-pregnancy?  Any tips to share?  
Also, have YOU encountered women who say that it just isn't possible to get your "old body" back?  

Thanks so much for reading!!
xo - Marion

PS - This month's "Trend of the Month" will be announced this week! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment