Search for the Perfect Diaper Bag

Two Things:
1) People like to give you advice when you are pregnant.  It's like your growing belly is a sign that expresses to the world, "I need advice...come give it to me!"  
2) People give you conflicting advice.  One person says "Oh my gosh...you NEED to have this product.  It'll save your life."  Then the very next day a friend rolls their eyes and tells you that this product is a waste of time and space.  Ugh.

So when it came to choosing a diaper bag, I received all of the following advice:
"You'll never use it so don't even buy one."
"Buy one with tons of pockets cause you'll use every single one."
"Just buy an inexpensive bag...you won't use it for long."
"Invest in a good one...you'll be carrying it for a long time."

I decided to forget all the advice and just follow my gut.  So the husband and I explored every store.  I loved the Burberry Olympia Diaper Bag and the Marc by Marc Jacobs Eliz-a-Baby Bag options...but just felt as though they weren't quite right for me.  

I ended up choosing the Michael Kors Large Hamilton Tote (whipped version).  And no...this is not a traditional diaper bag.  Here was my thought process...


1) Choose a bag that can easily double as a Diaper + Day Bag  

I had the following on my requirement list when shopping:
- I only wanted to carry one bag (who needs to deal with more than that?!)
- It must have a shoulder strap (a must for me) and a magnetic closure
- The color must be suitable year-round
- It must be a bag that I can use even when I'm no longer changing diapers...
- High-quality + durable


Perhaps most importantly, I didn't want the bag to LOOK like a diaper bag.  
I know, I know...I am weird.  But this was my wish list so I wanted to see if I could make it happen.


2)  Must be roomy enough for all the diaper essentials + my personal purse items

Diaper Essentials:
One
Holds the changing pad, wipes and ointments

Two

Three
Good for the environment!

Purse Essentials:
I am actually very low maintenance when it comes to purse essentials.  I can fit everything I need into an evening clutch...the less I carry the happier I am!
- Lipstick/Chapstick
- iPhone
- Wallet
- Tissues
- Gum/Mints


So far this bag has worked great for me and lil' man!  I've added a few more items to the bag (an extra outfit, a binky, etc.) but it all fits just fine.

So do you have a diaper bag?  
Do you love it or wish you had something different?  
I'd love to hear your recommendations in the comments below!

xo - Marion

Can't wait to see all the black + white trend looks for next 
Click HERE for details!




0 comments:

Post a Comment