Style Tips for Teachers with Mix and Match Fashion

Hello!  I'm Tara from Mix and Match Fashion, and I'm a middle school Special Education teacher from NJ.  Marion asked me to write a guest post about teacher style, and since I love her and this amazing blog so much, of course I said yes!  Here are some of my favorite tips that I have picked up over the years.

1)  Have fun with your wardrobe!

           Teachers have a reputation for being frumpy or dressing plainly, but that does not have to be the case.  It is okay to add some personality into your outfits....in fact, your students will thank you for it!  Personally, I love prints and color, and incorporate them both into my work wardrobe as much as possible.  You will feel more confident in front of the classroom if you feel great about the way that you are presenting yourself.

IMG_3482


2)  Be comfortable yet put together.

          Teaching means that you are on your feet all day.  Depending on what grade you teach, it can also mean spending time on the floor with the kids.  I teach middle school, so the amount of time on the floor is kept to a minimum.  Therefore, I can get away with being comfortable in a skirt and heels all day.  (though I always keep a neutral pair of flats in my desk drawer just in case)  You can be just as put together in a great pair of trousers and flats as you can be in a skirt with heels...just go with what works for you!


9sept10


3)  Be aware of anything too short, tight, or low cut.

          This tip is true of any workplace, but I think even more so in a school setting.  As teachers, we are role models that the students look up to, and should be dressed like it!


IMG_1325


4) Layer!

         Being a Special Education teacher, I am in a total of five different classrooms throughout the day.  Some of these rooms are hot, some are cold, and some (rarely) are just right.  Because of this, layering is a must!  If my outfit doesn't include a cardigan or blazer, I try and remember to bring one with me just in case I need it.


dec3


Thanks so much Marion for having me!
____________________________________

Thank YOU Tara for such a wonderful style tip roundup for educators!  
I honestly want to print this post and distribute at my school!

-  If you are a teacher or your interact with teachers, what is your take on Tara's style tips?  
-  Do you agree that educators often have a reputation for being "frumpy"?

XO - Marion

0 comments:

Post a Comment