Casual Friday + Moments of the Week

This is my version of jeans and a white t-shirt for Casual Friday...


 STYLE TIP: Avoid necklaces when wearing a top with a detailed neckline like this one. 

 Top - Ann Taylor (Similar HERE)
Jeans - Hudson
Watch - Michael Kors (Purchase HERE)
Belt - Gap
Bag - Vera Bradley (Similar HERE)

Moments of the Week
"Double Take" Moment
I live in a high-rise building and share a recycling bin with folks on our floor.  Well, this morning I was innocently taking my recycling out, when I peered into the bin and saw this:


Two thoughts immediately came to mind:
1) I better look under my bed in case the husband has some tricks up his sleeve.
2) Two women in my book club live on my floor.  This month we are reading "50 Shades of Grey."  Just saying'...  :)

Reality Moment
As many of you know, this is my first week of summer vacation. Now you would think it would be full of pool time and fruity tequila-based beverages...but it's been mostly a bunch of Windex, vacuuming, and laundry.  I can't relax until everything is clean and organized.  

And here is a typical load of laundry complete with one lemon beagle. 

"I Can't Help It" Moment
I like to walk Bogey and Palmer to this park that is about a mile away.  We chase squirrels, skip and sing songs.  Well, I walk them on an attached split leash like this:

And yes...Palmer prefers to lounge in the sun while Bogey wants to walk!  
It's a problem.

Anyway, when they see a squirrel, I usually let go of the leash and they take off super fast! It's pretty exciting (I lead a boring life, all right?!)

Well, the other morning they chased a squirrel up this tree:
And I'm not sure if you can see it, but there are two sets of legs under this tree!

I had to get the dogs from under this tree and was totally surprised by two men just standing there doing drugs.  I grabbed my dogs and as I left the tree I couldn't help but state loudly, "You shouldn't do drugs!"

They just laughed...but it had to be said!  Plus, what about fire safety?!  You're standing under a tree!  

Sigh...okay.  I realize I am a dork.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

XO - Marion


0 comments:

Post a Comment