Saying Goodbye



I never thought I would be writing this post.
At least...just not this soon.

Last night, we had to say goodbye to my best friend.  Bogey. 
Those of you who have been reading my blog for some time know that Bogey is my mini lemon beagle.  He's been by my side for over 8 years.

I know this may come across to some as "What's the big deal?  He's a dog."  But to me he was and is so much more.  I can't write this without falling apart...so I'll just leave it at that for now.


These last couple weeks have been filled with visits to the vet.  Seeing him in so much pain just broke my heart.  Well, last night when I returned home from work, Bogey was not moving.  We rushed him to the ER and it turns out that he had been misdiagnosed these last 2 weeks.  But now it was too late.  He was already going into shock and his body was shutting down. 

So we said goodbye. 
 
You were such a good dog Bogey.  My heart is broken and I am just so sorry for everything that you went through these last two weeks.  Know that mommy will never forget you and never stop loving you.
 


xo - Marion



0 comments:

Post a Comment