Favorite Maternity Styles from 2012

Being pregnant really does change how you get dressed in the morning.  
My goals for pregnancy fashion were simple:

1) Try to wear many items that I already own (that still fit!)
2) Invest in simple + classic maternity pieces that would ALSO be wearable post-pregnancy

This Fur Vest style was perfect for a mild fall day in Denver.  

This was early on in the pregnancy...but the fabric of this leopard print pencil skirt allowed me to wear it through the end of my 6th month.  

MATERNITY SHOPPING TIP: 
If you are planning on becoming pregnant anytime soon, consider the fabric type + quality in the waistline of your work wear.  There are many skirt options that are stretchy and allow you to get a little more mileage from them as your pregnancy progresses.

Same thing with this H&M skirt skirt...

And golly...at 9 months pregnant right now I look at this picture and can't believe this bump was ever that little!

Who says you can't wear leather pants when you're pregnant? :)

Color blocking for a work appropriate look...

A basic black blazer helps me transition a basic blue dress for a date night style.

The same black blazer helps to transform one of my favorite maternity dresses for work.

Lastly, this oxblood + gray style pretty much represents my go-to casual look these days as I head into the final couple weeks! 

I hope you enjoyed this look back as much as I did pulling it together!

2012 was certainly a year of transition in fashion for me...and I couldn't be happier about it.  The husband and I feel so blessed to be welcoming out little man within the next few weeks!

And as the last post of 2012, please let me tell you THANK YOU.  I'm not quite sure how to express my appreciation in a satisfactory manner through words... but please know that I treasure each of you stopping by and becoming a part of my life through this blog.

Happy New Year everyone!!

xo - Marion

PS - The "Trend of the Month Challenge" for January will be announced this Wednesday!  I'm super excited about this one...and I promise that you already own something to participate!

Linking up with Monday Mingle today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment