Belated birthday adventures!

Evening chums!

I've been back to my home town of Bexhill for the past couple of days to see my family and meet up with my friend Katie. I do miss living beside the sea! It's so lovely when the sun's out and you can have an evening paddle in the sea (which Katie and I did last night - my feet are feeling tres exfoliated from the sand!). The only downside is how bloody windy it gets on the coast. Hairspray becomes about as useful as trying to control your hair style with thought alone. Ridiculous. 

Anywho, being beside the sea reminded me that I forgot to tell you about my birthday voyage by bus to sunny Whitstable with Alex back in June! Here are some snaps from the day...

We sat right at the front of the bus to enjoy the panoramic country views on the way. These views occurred after this photo was taken as the bus was still sat at our bus stop!

Looking a tad boobalicious in my pouffy denim Dorothy Perkins dress which has sadly sold out now. I was wearing an Ultimate Strapless bra, c/o Wonderbra which is unbelievably good. Definitely deserves its own post! 

A cute slogan (for a serious cause!)

I got all excited when I saw some Me & Zena jewellery in a little boutique. Always exciting to see one of your fave online brands in real life shops!! 


We met this heavenly little pup which I couldn't resist immediately mollycoddling! WISH I could remember her name... I'm sure it was hilarious... Like a really 'human' name for a pet. They always fascinate me. My brother once knew a girl with a cat called Kirsty! Haha!

Scampi and chips at the harbour! It was a very windy day, so my hair was blown to buggery by this point. 

From breaded scampi to a bearded boyf... I had to ask him to shave this off as a 'birthday gift' to me (he obliged the next day!) because he was refusing to and it was raging out of control. He was too scared to do it before his exams in case his beard 'contained his knowledge'... God help me. 

Yeah, I really should've taken a few snaps of this and made a GIF because these crustacean critters were ALIVE and wriggling about... Aargh! 

Some of Whitstable's famous Oysters, being sold for 50p a go! Couldn't bring myself to try one, but I do want to at some point! 

We were sucked in by Anthony W-T's recommendation (see bottom half of door!) and stopped for some cola and doughnuts! You just can't beat a hot, sugary doughnut, can you? Blissful! 

I became quite fascinated by the donut machine and asked to take a picture of it doing it's doughy thang. The staff were bemused at best, but I think the behind-the-scenes access has really added a new dimension to this blog post! Not really, I just wanted to see how that would sound.

From creation to consumption!! Yum!

A kind of crap picture of the sea and some boats... Didn't have my photography head on that day!  

Later on it was time for a meal at our favourite restaurant in Canterbury, Cafe du Soleil. I'm wearing a Topshop jacket, Headband c/o Little Fille (Mari's 'ways to wear a headband' vid is a must-see!), charity shop dress and heels. 

A shot of Alex designed to show you guys some of the interior of the restaurant (no offence, Alex!).. It's a gorgeous old stone building on the river with beams. Oh I do love a beam. 

We are kind of regulars at the restaurant and they were sweet enough to put a candle in my dessert! Aww!

Not only that, they took £10 off our bill as a bday gift! How sweet! I was compelled to sing their praises on Tripadvisor (see 4th July entry!), as they are fairly new and haven't had the praise they deserve online yet. If you're local, or visiting Canterbrury, I seriously recommend this restaurant!

So yes, that was my birthday, and what a lovely one it was. I still have pending belated plans with my friends, including a trip to Hever Castle and a possible spa trip!

I'm off to watch The Apprentice now. I'm a bit behind as Alex has been out playing footie. Tomorrow, we're viewing a new house out of curiosity (we're not dead set on moving, but we're definitely outgrowing our flat now so want to see if anything else wows us!), then our friends Martin and Jen are coming over for... Well, we don't know yet. But we're going to do something and it's going to be fun.

♥ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment