Graduaaaation Day!

On Wednesday, I graduated from UCA Rochester with a degree in Fashion Promotion.

It was very windy, so in most of my photos I'm wrapping my gown round me to stop it and my dress blowing up! You can just about see my dress in the photos of me going to shake Zandra Rhodes' hand! She's the chancellor of UCA, apparently!

The gorgeous Rochester Cathedral:


Plus me:


Plus mum:


Minus mum, plus Alex:


 The dreamy interior... Hogwarts eat your heart out!


Going to shake Zizzle Rhizzle's mit:


Unfortunate expression, but you can see the dress a bit better here! 


Larking about afterwards with Alex and mum, both trying my hat on. Alex doesn't want to attend his graduation (it's all a "sack of shit") so we were taking some pretend graduation photos for him.


Mum has no excuse for modelling the hat besides being a general clown. My "anything for the lolz" attitude definitely comes from this lady!


Not to blow my own horn, but I was unexpectedly featured in the graduation brochure (and mentioned in the 'Student Successes' speech) due to winning that ASOS blogger comp! Uni are a bit behind the times, and seem to be unaware ASOS is old hat now I am a primetime TV scrounger megastar! Jooooke! 


I got a star next to my name because I scraped achieved a first! Haha! 


I haven't been able to reflect properly on the fact I've graduated just yet. I guess I should be feeling emotional or proud or something, but the truth is I'm just consumed with terror about how I'm supposed to support myself without that lovely student loan... 

Once I've found a source of stable income (apparently, my current job ain't it) to cover my £600 a month outgoings (rent/bills/doughnuts), I will be able to look back on my uni years and feel something. Until then, it's frantically refreshing Gorkana and eBaying my possessions all the way. 


PS - I think I have found my soulmate!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment