Snow Style + Moments of the Week




Coat - BCBG MaxAzria
Sweater - Nordstrom
Boots - Steve Madden (old)
Scarf - H&M

Moments of the Week

My Favorite Student Conversation Moment

This conversation took place between myself and a favorite 1st grade boy. 

Me: "Great work today Sam!  Now it's time for you to see Ms. H."
Student: "Who is Ms. H?"
Me: "You know who she is.  Think really hard..."
Student: "Oh, that's right!  She is the librarian.  I married her last week."
Me: "Oh...well...no, only adults get married."
Suddenly he gets a serious look on his face +  motions for me to lean-in closer to him 
Student: whispers "This is very important.  Listen to me."
Me: "I am listening."
Student: "Always remember to tell them to show you the carfax."
Me: "Oh, that is..."
He cuts me off as he throws his head back dramatically and yells loudly...
Student: "Show me the carfaaaaax!!!"

My Husband's Supportive Comments Moments
The husband and I went to our first "Prepared Childbirth" class this past weekend.  It was...well...a learning experience for both of us. 
I looked around the room and noticed several husbands holding their wives hands lovingly as the instructor talked about pain management.  Many of the husbands leaned in and whispered what I imagine were sweet + supportive statements as we watched a video showing a woman experiencing pain that I have never seen.

Here are my favorite moments from my husband during this special 6-hour class:
1) We are watching a video of a woman giving birth without drugs.  She is making noises that I have never heard and I swear my eyes were the size of saucers as I took the whole thing in.  My husband leans over right after she is done and whispers, "Well, that doesn't look so bad!"

2) The instructor is talking about pain medication options.  Husband leans over and whispers in his most positive tone, "Good thing you're so tough honey!  You don't need to even listen to this part!"
3) We are touring the hospital and we walk into a birthing room.  The husband takes a look around and notices the huge jacuzzi bathtub in the room.  He turns to the instructor and asks, "Would someone be able to show me how to work the controls on the tub?"  She replies, "Yes, of course."  He then looks at me and says with a straight face, "Kinda cool honey!  I can have a nice jacuzzi bath while you are doing your thing.  Might help with my stress." 
He's lucky that he is so darn good looking. :)
Thank you so much for reading!
XO - Marion

Hope you'll join in this month's 
"Trend of the Month Link-Up!" 

This month's theme:  Boots + Booties


0 comments:

Post a Comment