Goals for the Next 365 Days

Get it?  I'm crossing through one side to another.  It's a photographic metaphor for the new year.
And yes...I know I'm a dork :)

Do you make resolutions for the new year?

I know many who don't like the idea or feel it is too contrived.  
Personally, I enjoy any excuse to reflect back on the past and consider what I have accomplished and what I would like to focus on for the next 365 days.  Demands of modern society often dictate that we spend our days with virtual blinders on as we are focused on the immediate, short-term gains.  It seems way too easy for days + months + soon a full year to fly by and we are left standing there with a confused look on our face thinking, "What the heck just happened?!"  

So I am one of those people who make goals for the coming year.  This year is a little different because we are having our baby within the next few weeks (eek!) and I really don't know what to expect!  Therefore this list is conservative and just a general guide as I plan for 2013:

1) Give birth 
I know, I know!  It's not technically a "goal."  But I hear it is really hard work and I had to put ONE thing on my list that I knew I could cross off soon! :)

2) Return to my pre-baby body by June 
I've been thinking about documenting my diet + workout plans on the blog.  Would that be boring or interesting?

3) Travel overseas at least once this year
And yes...baby will come!

4) Improve the blog
Not sure what this looks like, but I have been doing some reflection on ways to make it better.

Do you make goals for the new year?  
If so, I would love to hear what your main goals are for 2013...

xo - Marion

PS -  The January "Trend of the Month Challenge" topic will be announced tomorrow!!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment