3 Ways to Never Skip Another Workout



It’s 5:00pm on a Thursday evening and you are EXHAUSTED.  All you want to do is curl up in bed with a pizza and a 2 liter of Mountain Dew and watch the Cops marathon on Spike (or maybe that is just me?)   
As you walk across your office parking lot you realize "Oh crap...it's Thursday."  Cause you know that on Thursdays you are supposed to workout.

What do YOU do?

WHAT MANY OF US DO:
The easiest and most tempting decision would be to tell yourself, “Ugh…I just can’t.  I’ll work out tomorrow instead.”  We have all done this.  As humans, we are experts at rationalizing so we can convince ourselves to do anything. 


For example, think about your inner dialogue when your alarm goes off in the morning. Many of us have fallen into the habit of lying in bed and telling ourselves that we’ll just rest for “10 more minutes” and then we’ll get up.  Soon, those “10 more minutes” have snowballed into 15 minutes and then 20 minutes.   And then we find ourselves racing to get showered and dressed…often skipping things like breakfast, applying make-up, etc. 

Because I work in the psychology field, I have decided to apply a few simple interventions to my own behavior in order to get my ass in gear when it comes to my workouts.  And guess what...it works!  So I thought I would share my top 3 strategies to overcome the biggest hurdle to getting to the gym…OURSELVES:

Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment