Photo Diary #6

Thought I'd do a little snapshot post of what I've doing/eating lately! 

Last week was amazing - we shot the Haim sisters for the front cover of Company's Feb issue and it was SO GOOD. They were so nice, super funny and just uber cool. It's my first 'cover profile' as they call it in Mag Land, so I got to interview them, too. I've been on the features team for 5 months and I still haven't mastered how not to be an embarrassing fangirl and say things like "I LOVE YOU" to people's faces. Haim seemed to dig it though. I mean, Este hugged me. I haven't washed since. 

(I just need hair extensions and I could be the fourth Haim sis!)

Moving on to equally exciting news, we previewed Krispy Kreme's Halloween selection at work last week. My verdict? 'Spooky, gooey mouth-magic'. Krispy Kremes are my life. Fun fact: when I didn't live in London and KK's were a rarity, I used to bulk buy a box of glazed whenever I was in London and FREEZE THEM so I could enjoy them at regular intervals. What's wrong with me? What's it like to be normal? Answers on a postcard, plz.


In more food news, Team Company tried out the newly opened Grill Shack on Beak St for @Alexxsia's birthday! I had half a chicken (£7.95) and fries (£2 ish) and it was heaven on a plate. When it comes to chicken, I only have eyes for Nando's but this was seriously good. A must-munch by all accounts.


Okay one more piece of food news now - our features intern Hannah baked us some treats on the last day of her internship, consisting of a cookie base, a brownie top and an Oreo in the middle. WTF. That's the true measure of a good intern - how good their baked treats are.


Friday night was a surreal one! The Sea Life Centre are starting their own equivalent of 'Zoo Lates', and doing late night openings of the aquarium. Alex and I went along and it was pretty awesome. Free drinks (hiya), street food and cute fishies. This thing scared the life out of me though: a glass walkway with SHARKS beneath. Eeeeeek!


Onto scarier things now: The National Wedding Show. It was on at the weekend and I decided to check it out with Alex so we could start entertaining the idea of actually planning this bloody wedding. I did get a couple of ideas from it (Oh hi, Timbergram) but on the whole it cemented the idea that I want an atypical wedding... One that doesn't involve a bling encrusted meringue dress and the need to bung a laser in my mouth like something out of a sci fi film in the pursuit of Ross-from-Friends glowing teeth. It freaked me out so much I just had to selfie it and show you! 


Fair play to traditional wedding wanters, but for some reason that dream of being 'princess for a day' seemed to skip a generation with me. Don't get me started on hen night panic, either. Arrrgghhh. Married life will be a breeze compared to actually planning the bloody thing. Hashtag enthusiasm.

Ooh I did love these gorgeous bespoke lights by Carousel Lights, though! Wonder if they'll make me a pretty sign for my wedding saying 'WEDDINGS SUCK'. That was a joke but actually I think it could look pretty cool...


Then we mooched around the V&A nearby and went to the Club To Catwalk exhibition. We have an Art Pass so it was half price - a great investment if you're a Londoner that loves going to exhibitions! This exhibition was super cool - I learnt about whole 80's fashion subcultures I hadn't even heard of - Body Map?! Eh?



Here's what I was wearing, btw.

(Jacket and Vest - Topshop, Trousers - Forever21, Shoes - Sarenza*)

Here's some bonus self-indulgent content for your eyes: me selfie-ing to model the AW13 trend for flicked eyes and bright lips (aka my daily face!) for our Company Weekly Edit - it's like Company Mag but in your pocket every week. It's cool. My face is in it in the new edition tomorrow - DON'T MISS IT! It's nothing like this pic here. Totally different pose.


Word vomit over, I'm outtie. 

Hope your week is going spiffingly!

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment