Casual Friday + Moments of the Week





 Necklace - J.Crew
Top - Nexx
Jeans - Paige
Shoes - Nine West

Moments of the Week

"I've Got a Quote for That" Moment
I have a giant board in my office that I decided to cover with some of my favorite quotes from Pinterest.  Little did I know how handy these quotes would become in my everyday life as a school psychologist! (The following should be read with humor + sarcasm...I would only say these things to people I consider friends and with super great senses of humor :) )  

I've memorized them all so it's easy for me to dispense quality advice on-the-spot when co-workers present an opportunity.  Here are a few examples:

1.   A teacher is complaining about how early she had to get up that morning to prepare for her class and she still has so much working piling up on her desk.  I simply look at her and say the following gem before walking away:
2.   I was leading a meeting at 7:30am yesterday morning.  At 7:40am, a teacher walks into the meeting with the "So sorry I'm late!  Traffic was just crazy this morning and I couldn't find my keys..." speech.  

What do I do?  
I simply quote the following before returning to business:


3.   I can't wait to use this one next time the husband wants to have a heated discussion over which college football team is truly the most talented:

(The answer by the way: The Oregon Ducks)

4.   A teacher comes into my office to vent about a student who is rather oppositional and giving her a tough time.  My response?  I look at my wall and find the quote that seems to fit best:

So needless to say, I received a lot of blank stares.
  But I like to think that they were just processing these deep thoughts...
Either that or they are all wondering how their school drew the short straw in the school psychologist department? :)

5.   And finally...here is a favorite quote for all of YOU lovely ladies:

Winner announced this weekend for the giveaway!  Thanks to all who entered!

Have a wonderful weekend friends!
XO - Marion



0 comments:

Post a Comment