So This is Really Happening?


"Are you here to give me parenting advice?"

This question was asked by a parent this morning as I led her away from the kindergarten classroom so she wouldn't be tempted to respond to the sound of her son screaming for his mommy.

"Absolutely not," I quickly replied.  We talked a little about positive and negative reinforcement and as I led her she walked out of the building, her question repeated over and over in my head.  What the heck do I know about being a parent?  I mean, I can cite the latest research related to child emotional disorders and I can certainly formulate a plan for your child if he experiences clinical levels of anxiety.  But what do I know about being a mom?

The truth is...not much.  

And I think I am finally at a point where I am okay with this answer.  I accept it.  No one is born being a mom and I'm guessing every parent makes a few mistakes along the way.  The more I think about it, the mistakes are kinda okay because babies don't know the difference!  I mean, it's not like my baby is going to tattle on me.*

So I suppose what I'm saying is that I'm starting to realize that "Oh good Lord...this really IS happening and I am actually kinda excited about it!  Because I think I'm going to be an okay mom..."  :)

XO - Marion

*Unless I give birth to that e*trade baby.  He seems like the tattle-tale type.

Have you already entered the giveaway for the $50 gift card to Amour Boutique?!  
Click HERE

And this evening is Fashion Night Out!  
If you're in the Denver area, stop on by...


0 comments:

Post a Comment