Menswear Inspired...




Blazer - H&M
Sweater - J.Crew
Chambray Shirt - Express (Similar HERE)
Tie - Husbands :)
Jeans - Paige (bought in a larger size to be loose)
Heels - Enzo Angiolini

Menswear inspired style is having a moment (again) in women's fashion.  
I personally love the different ways this style can be embraced:

For today's look, I was inspired to create a preppy + pulled together look that was somewhat tomboyish.  And yes...I noticed my tie peeking out the bottom of my sweater.  This was totally done on purpose.  

I love to incorporate menswear-type accessories in my everyday style for a slight edge.  
Here are some favorite picks:


hat  /  watch  /  shoe  /  blazer  /  vest


Tips to Wearing the Menswear Inspired Trend:
- Stay conscious of fit.  Just because it's called a boyfriend blazer doesn't mean it should be sized to fit your boyfriend.  Seams should still hit you in the right places.  If you are bigger busted, stay away from double-breasted jackets.  They extra fabric will make you look big + boxy.

- Add feminine touches such as a sheer blouse, heels or jewelry.  

- When going for the laid-back look, don't try too hard.  
Pick a few pieces (like boyfriend jeans and a hat) and go.  Less is more.


So what do you think of the menswear trend?  Yay or Nay?

Thanks so much for reading!
XO - Marion



Image credits: 1 / 2





0 comments:

Post a Comment