Reading Festival Photo Diary!

[Warning: IMAGE HEAVY!]

So Alex and I went to Reading Festival last weekend! This fab opportunity came up at work via Gaymers, the official cider sponsor at the festival, who gave us VIP tickets and a stay in a loverly hotel! I was there to snap lots of lovely street style for Company.co.uk, but also so Alex and I could relive our youth.

I didn't get many good pics of actual bands playing because I wasn't really near enough (I'm a bit too old/appreciative of personal space to be elbowing my way to the front!), so FYI we watched: The Hives, Saves The Day, Bastille, Paramore, The Cure, Pure Love, OFWGKTA, The Cribs, At The Drive In, Metronomy, This Is Hell, Gallows, Two Door Cinema Club, Green Day, Justice, Less Than Jake and a bit of the Foo Fighters' set. 

So, if you're sitting comfortably, here are some of the sights and style at Reading Festival 2012!

This was our hotel on the high street in Reading (the mock tudor building). It's called the Mercure George and was bloody lovely. 


We were in room 212 - cue saying '212' in our best rapper voices all weekend a la Azealia Banks! 


After we ditched our bags, we had a little picnic near the entrance to the fest. I had: Ham and cheese sarnie, Alex had: a packet of cocktail sausages. And grapes. Strange boy! 


We got our VIP passes (check us out!) and headed into the guest area. The key perks were: nicer loos, places to sit and chillax a bit, the chance of a celeb sighting and free Relentless! 


This was my outfit for Day 1. Vintage shirt, backpack and hair bow, H&M top, New Look acid wash jeans (living in these at the mo!), Topshop boots. 

I bumped into some old friends of mine from my pop-punk gigging days, Jen and Martine! 


We had a snoop around all the vintage stalls! Didn't buy anything, but it was interesting seeing how much the prices were slashed by the last night of the fest!




Interesting way to sell bikini tops:


Pretty daisy print Donut stand! 


Some of my street style victims:



See all of my street style snaps (I got tons!) on Company.co.uk

Loved the OFWGKTA backdrop! The same cannot be said for the music. 


Day 2! Chilling in my floral crown - or as Alex likes to call it 'are-you-really-going-to-wear-that-thing?'


My dream acid wash jeans again! I wore the same jeans and boots the whole fest and just changed everything else to minimise luggage! 


Spotted lots of Drop Dead cat print pieces at the festival! That brand actually sells some seriously cute stuff! Cat vest:


Cat leggings!!! Coolest design ever or what?


Outfit: Crown - H&M, Jacket - Boohoo, Vest - Primark, sunnies - Topshop.



I met the singer of Two Door Cinema Club! He was oozing rock star vibes, theatrically puffing on a cig whilst working this very rock 'n' roll look:


We almost didn't get in to the 'secret' Green Day show because it was so crowded they literally cordoned the tent off so nobody could get near it. But a mutiny prevailed and thousands of people essentially barged the fence and we all got through and watched on the screens outside the tent. We did manage to get into the actual tent after I took this photo, but only just!


There weren't many bands we wanted to see on Day 3 after Green Day so we headed back to town for a bit and got some dinner at Pizza Express! Rustichella is my pizza o' choice. SO tasty. 


This was my outfit for Day 3. T-shirt is from Forever 21, necklace is H&M and the rest is as before!


Pretty fireworks at the end of the Foo Fighters set! 


Then we trudged back into town with about a zillion other people who were catching trains that night but we went back to the comfort of our lovely hotel for one last night. We didn't want to leave in the morning! 

It was SUCH a good weekend! Can't believe we were there just this time last week! Anyone else had festival withdrawal this summer? Any tips on how to cope? Do share...

x

0 comments:

Post a Comment