Blogging and a Baby


I have 2 confessions to make...

1)  CONFESSION 1:  
I'm not quite sure how this blog will change once this baby is born.  Or even IF it will change!  
You see...Marionberry Style has always been about style + fashion + beauty for the everyday busy woman.  That will NOT change as it is my passion.

But I do imagine that as I take this jump into the next phase of my life, a few of my posts will be more lifestyle + home focused.  Heck...I may even have a few posts on baby-related topics.

So I wanted to write to tell you that it is okay if this totally turns you off.  I understand.  I hope that you'll continue to check back for the style and fashion topics that I love to write about...but I get it if many of you want to stay clear of the "other stuff" I may post on.

2)   CONFESSION 2:
I have never been a "baby person."  
You may be asking yourself, "What the heck is a baby person?"
So I'll tell you.  A "baby person" is a human being that flocks to babies like a Kardashian flocks to publicity.  They are just naturally gifted with this adoration and obsession with babies.  And guess what?  Babies love them too!

Me?  Well...show me a photo of your dog and I'll turn to mush.  But a baby?  They intimidate me.  I look at them with one part fascination and one part terror.  I never want to hold them because they use their baby-sense (similar to spidy-sense) to know that I'm frightened so they always decide to cry.  Then I'm THAT girl who makes babies cry.  Awesome.

3) RESOLUTION REGARDING CONFESSION #2:
I tear up just thinking that in a few days I will be a mom (just even typing the word "Mom" makes me take a deep breath).  I just never thought I would be blessed like this.  It's a long story and maybe I'll share it sometime...but this really is a dream come true.

- So am I afraid terrified of babies?  Maybe so.  
- But do I embrace the idea that I can learn to be one of those "baby persons" whom I admire so much?  YesYesYes!  

And I here is where I tell you "thank you."  So many of you have given me such great advice and encouragement over the past several months.  Blogging has been such a gift to me personally over the past year.  I hope you'll stick with me through lil' man's arrival and maybe even pretend to be interested when I share a photo or two of him :)

xo - Marion


0 comments:

Post a Comment