Beauty Tip Tuesday: Top 3 Products to get that Warm Winter Glow!


What:  
Accomplish a warm winter glow without looking like an umpa loompa
Why:
Because everyone looks better with some color! Well, except Nicole Kidman.  But she is the exception for many things.  For us average girl-next-door types, we look thinner, more tone, and even friendlier (ok, I made that part up) with a little bronze on our skin!
Where:
These tanners are to be applied at-home.
When:
ASAP!  Cause y’all know that your legs are looking a little too white right now!
Why:
To be glowing and gorgeous for your first holiday party J

I personally subscribe to the belief that everyone looks sexier with a bronze glow.  My favorite way to amp up my skin tone is to visit my local spray-tan salon.  But if I don’t have time or want to spend the money, here are my TOP 3 favorite self-tanning products:



St. Tropez Self-Tan Bronzing Mousse (4 oz for $40 or 8 oz. for $40)
Purchase here
This is a super-lightweight mousse that dries quickly (60 seconds are so) and is so easy to use.  I apply every 5 days on both face and body and the color stays consistent, streak-free and natural (a.k.a. not orange!)  I do find that it takes multiple applications to get dark, but if you are just looking for a fabulous warm glow, look no further!  It is expensive, however a 4oz. bottle typically lasts me a little over 2 months.
Pros: Consistently beautiful for all skin tones
Cons: Some people find the scent to be overwhelming.  It doesn’t bother me, but I just thought I would mention.  Also, a little on the pricey side!


Victoria’s Secret Flawless Airbrush Instant Bronze Body Spray (4.4 oz. for $12)
Purchase here 
This product is a more affordable option AND easier to apply than a cream, gel or mousse!  I have a darker natural skin tone and I get a similar sun-kissed look with this product as my girlfriend who has very fair skin.  A spray is a wonderful option if you are just starting out doing at-home self tanners as there are fewer missed areas and streaking than a liquid formula applied using your hands.
Hint: Be sure to let this product set for a few minutes before getting dressed.  I would say in 5 minutes, you should be good to go (even wearing white!)
Pros: Easy application and a beautiful warm glow.  Great price!  Victoria's Secret often has a 2 for $20 deal for these products.
Cons: You’ll need to purchase a separate tanner for the face and neck.



Xen Tan Absolute Luxe Dark Lotion (8 oz. for $56)
Purchase here
So…this one is super expensive.  But if you are serious about your tan…it probably is the best product I’ve ever tried.  Such a beautiful smell (a light cherry-vanilla scent) that you forget that it’s a tanning product and not a body lotion! 
This product is my go-to for a dark but realistic warm glow when I have a special event to attend and can’t make time for a salon spray-tan.  It provides a fabulous olive-based tint (as opposed to a fake-looking orange-tint) and in just 2 light applications, I look like I just got off the plane from Belize.  I first learned about this product by asking a salesperson at Nordstrom if she just returned from vacation.  So definitely a great recommendation!
Pros: The olive undertone provides a gorgeous tan for all natural skin tones.
Cons: Expensive and the bottle doesn't seem to last me very long.

A few examples of a flawless tan:




citation (all images)

BEFORE applying a self-tanner:
-          Exfoliate
-          Shave
-          Moisturize
Also, you may decide to use a application mitt or tight-fitting gloves.  Because I am naturally darker, I’ve never had a problem with scrubbing my hands following application.  However, if you have lighter skin, you might consider guarding against dying your hands…not a good look!

Do you use self-tanners?  If so, what are your favorites?

XO - Marion

PS - If you were to win my $30 Sephora Giftcard giveaway, you could go shopping for self-tanners guilt-free! :-)  Enter here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment