Casual Friday: How to wear skinny jeans at the office

Disclaimer: 
I know that not everyone celebrates Casual Friday in their place of work.  I am divided on the holiday myself.  You see, I witness others abuse this special day in the worst ways: sweatshirts, jeans with holes, banana clips in their hair, and Crocs.  Yes.  I said it.  Crocs.  


That said, I try to make this day one of "comfortable chic-ness."  And yes...I probably just made up a word.  Be sure to cite me if you use it.  :-)


Here is what I pulled from my closet this past Friday:


Rule #1 for skinny jeans at the office: Consider thy footwear
Heels 3" or higher = not okay
flats, conservative boots, or low heels = yay!

Rule #2 for skinny jeans at the office: Cover thy bottomside.  
Either wear a long shirt/sweater that covers or a jacket that is the correct length proportionally to your height and the style you are wearing.  

 Rule #3 for skinny jeans at the office: Bring the eye up
Wear something on your upper half to draw the eye.  For this outfit I chose a fun necklace and a brightly colored scarf.  
 Necklace - Ann Taylor
Skinny Jeans - Jolt (purchase here
Scarf - Gift from my brother
Bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs
Shirt - Testament
Blazer - Gibson (purchase here)
Boots - Steve Madden (33% off here)


What other rules can YOU think of for skinny jeans at the office?


XO - Marion 






0 comments:

Post a Comment