Casual Friday: Feeling Like Fall

Ever have a "case of the Mondays"...but it's a Friday?  


Well, today was rough.  In every possible way...well...except for lunch.  I had sushi for lunch.  The world is brighter, birds sing louder and people are just plain nicer whenever I'm eating sushi :-) 


But I digress!


When I dressed in the morning, I chose an orange satin top that I thought was fun for fall.  I failed to remember that I do lunch duty every day (I'm a school psychologist and I think the hour in the lunch room is a fantastic time for me to walk around and connect with kids in a different way).  Oh, and today the school culinary artist team (yes...that is what they ask to be called) was serving sloppy joes.  Good ole' sloppy joes.  Did I mention that kids love to hug me during lunch time? :-)


So if these photos look a little messy...I blame the the children.  And maybe I spilled a little soy sauce...but I still blame the children.





 Jeans - Hudson
Blouse - Frenchi
Heels - Kelly & Katie
Fishnet Tights - Victoria's Secret
Necklace and Earrings - Forever21
Any stains you may see - the children's fault :-)

I thought I'd also show my "happy" coat that I wore today.  Yellow and gray are one of my favorite color combinations for fall. 
Coat - Marvin
Scarf - J.Crew
Bag - BCBG

I DID get two great comments today that made me laugh (despite the awful day!):
- Our custodian, whom I adore, shouts out to me down the hallway, "You're blouse is awesome!"  haha...what a great compliment!
- And then my principal asked me, "Are those part of your shoes?" as he points to my tights.  haha.  Men.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous start to their weekend!!  Please check back as I have some exciting announcements here VERY SOON!  :-)

So...just curious...are YOU able to wear satin where you work and not worry about grease/dirt/children's hands covered in meat sauce?

XO - Marion

PS - Be sure to enter the giveaway for a $30 Sephora gift card!!  Click here!



0 comments:

Post a Comment