Lipstick Love: Lime Crime

I was sent my first ever piece of Lime Crime makeup recently, after teaming up with the brand on my style competition. I was sent the Retrofuturist lipstick, which is available at Space NK for £15. It looks like shipping may be free for a limited time only using the code 'WELCOME'.

My jaw was on the floor as I opened the box to see the BEST lipstick packaging I've ever seen. Glittery Unicorns. Need I say more?!



The formula felt really moisturising and had a sheeny finish. It took a couple of 'coats' to look really bold but I was so happy with the colour - a really juicy bright red. I put it through its paces during a day at work and the findings were great. Because it's not matte, it doesn't dry the lips out, so I didn't get any skanky lip goo (™!) as is so common with many lipsticks. I reapplied a couple of times throughout the day  to keep it looking fresh and bright, but this was out of choice rather than necessity. 


My painted pout:



Overall, I am extremely happy with this lipstick. I carried it in my pocket all day when I wore it, and whenever anyone asked what lipstick I was wearing, I immediately whipped it out to show the amazing packaging off. 


It is pricey, and in my opinion the formula isn't vastly different to my Models Own Scarlett lipstick, but unlike many other high end beauty labels, Lime Crime give you your money's worth with their incredible packaging. 


Bottom line: Glittery. Unicorns.

Have you tried Lime Crime products before? What did you think?

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment