Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain

On this rainy, rainy Thursday, I decided to wear my charity shop Per Una blazer to work. I haven't worn it in ages as it always looks a bit crap in my mind, but I forget how well it fits me. Today's look received such compliments remarks from colleagues as 'very professional' and 'very authoritarian' - not sure what to make of those, but I for one enjoyed the androgyny of it all! 

 
Tee - H&M, Leigh Jeans - Topshop, Socks  - New Look, Brogues - Charity Shop, Glasses - Gok Wan for Specsavers

Roxy chilling out in her cat kennel + the conifer getting a *much needed* water!

Work was funny today. I was helping a lovely little old lady called Rita find a specific fluffy white jumper and after she bought it she came and gave me a big hug and kiss, haha! My retail stopgap definitely has its ups and downs (especially today!) but lovely customers do help make it worth the stress. The other day I was helping this gorgeous girl who played saxophone on a cruise ship (best job ever?!) find a good 'make-the-ex-regret-losing-me' outfit for a night out. Then there's the amazing teeny tiny chihuahua, Coco, whose poor owner (whose name I don't know!) has to put up with me baby-talking and fussing over it every time she comes in! I go to mush when there's a cute animal nearby! 

Another long day at work tomorrow but on Saturday its mine and Alex's SIXTH anniversary! Eeeeep! Not sure what we're going to get up to yet as I do have a short shift to work in the afternoon, but I think there will be fine cuisine and fireworks involved in the evening! 

I'm off to eat cookies, whinge to Alex about my AGONISING RIB and watch Educating Essex. 

<3

PS - ASOS are doing a cracking deal on the new Models Own nail varnishes I blogged about! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment