Who is your style icon?

"Hey!  Question for you.  Who is your style icon?"


It was a simple question a friend asked me the other day.  Yet although it was simple, I had to really think hard before answering (not an unusal practice for me BTW!).  And to be honest, I still don't think I can narrow it down to just one person.  I am inspired by so many people: celebrities, other bloggers, people I see on the street...    


But for my very first "Style Icon" post, I had to choose Victoria Beckham.  And here is why.


Victoria's chic style is so clean that it almost seems ridiculous how simple it really is! Here are a few of her "Posh" looks to love:






What we can learn from Victoria's "Posh" look: 
- Keep it simple!  Pick 1, 2 or 3 colors and stay within that palette.  No need to over-think color! This is a great tip for busy moms or if you wake up late for work and have to pick something out quick!
- Pencil skirts are a women's best friend!  We may not all have her figure (if you do...well...that is pretty cool and I am jealous) but we can all emulate her figure with a great fitting pencil skirt. Toss on a flowy blouse and some heels and you'll look like you spent all last month at the gym.


Here are a couple of her more laid-back looks to love:




What we can learn from Victoria's "Vicky" look: 
- Throw a blazer over a simple, slouchy t-shirt and you'll still look chic!
- Just because you are feeling lazy, doesn't mean you can't rock a pair of heels.  Find a pair that are somewhat comfortable and transitional (black or camel are good standard color options for everyday wear).
- In a hurry and don't have time for eye make-up?  That is why we wear sunglasses.  Well, I'm sure it also has something to do with the sun and glare and that kind of thing...but "looking cool" was probably the driving force in the product development.  Am I right? :-)

And because no Victoria post would be complete without her husband, I give you David and Victoria's couple style looks:
 Both wearing black leather jackets.  How adorable is that?



 Their looks are never match-matchy, but certainly complimentary.  Here they mirror the same relaxed but hip vibe.  

This one I included "just because"...:-)

I love that Victoria's style is so simple, yet at the same time recognizable.  She owns her style...even when pregnant.  We may not all have her wallet, however we can all learn something from someone who celebrates and loves fashion as much as she so obviously does.

So I'm interested to know, what do you think about Victoria's style?  

XO - Marion


0 comments:

Post a Comment