What to wear on a warm fall day

Let me start by saying that I'm from Oregon.  I moved to Denver a little over a year ago, so I am still getting used to the weather here.  You see, the fall in Oregon is beautiful...for the first 2 weeks!  Then it's pretty much a consistent blend of rain, wind, grey skies, and more rain.  I miss it in a very strange way.  


Denver today was gorgeous.  It almost reached 70 degrees!  In November??  My Oregon friends are a tad jealous. :-)


So what do you wear on a warm fall day?  
If you follow my blog, you know I was thinking shorts!

 This warm fall day called for layering on top balanced with bare legs and a loafer heel!  

I blended gold with silver jewelry for this look.  The collar on this shirt features a silver detail but I wanted to bring in the warmth of gold. 
TIP: You can easily blend the two metals when you "ground" 
them with a neutral color such as camel, white or gray.

 I'm very much against matching your shoes and purse exactly!  
As long as they are similar in color saturation levels (both rich colors, both muted colors, etc.) or are complimentary colors, you can have fun with mixing it up. 
White pinstripe shirt - BCBG
Sheer cashmere sweater - BCBG
Shorts - Trouve
Bag - Target
Loafer heels - Nine West (on sale here)
Earrings - Tiffany & Co. (purchase here)
Watch - Michael Kors (purchase here)
Bracelet - Nordstrom necklaces worn as a bracelet

How are you wearing shorts this fall? 

XO - Marion



0 comments:

Post a Comment