Challenge of the Week: Combining Hot Pink and Neon Yellow

Every week, I put forth one challenge that will force me to try something different...something outside my basic comfort zone of fashion. 
 
This week's challenge: Combine Hot Pink and Neon Yellow






Jeans - Hudson
Sweater - Guess
Yellow Scarf - J.Crew
Grey Scarf - Nordstrom
Heels - Chinese Laundry
Bag - BCBG

This week's challenge was a necessity for me!  I needed to inject a little visual sunshine in my day...and how better to do it then combining one of the season's big colors (hot pink) with a daring dose of neon yellow?!

Tips for marrying two neon colors:
- Unless you are super daring and want to get noticed (a la Lady Gaga), you'll want to pick one color to be your neon base and then use the other color as an accent.
- Anchor the look with a neutral base.  I used gray here...but you could easily use white (very fun for a summer look!)

Do you weave neon into your everyday style? 

Thanks so much for reading!  Please let me know if you have any ideas for the next challenge!

XO - Marion

PS - Be sure to check back tomorrow for a special announcement!

0 comments:

Post a Comment