Glossybox vs Boudoir Prive

True to form, here are my hideously delayed fashionably late opinions on GlossyBox and Boudoir Privé (both freebz).

GlossyBox

2 x Dead Sea Spa Magik: Salt Brushing
Neal and Wolf: Glow Super Shine Spray
HD Brows: Eye & Brow Palette in Vamp
Green People: Fruitful Nights
Plum by Mary Greenwell perfume sample

When I opened my first GlossyBox, I was surprised by the size of the 'samples' inside. Most of the products were either full-sized or luxury sample size. The perfume sample was meh, both in scent and size, but made up for by the presence of my new beauty regime staple, the HD Brows palette (retailing at £19.95). I always darken my brows to match my hair, and this looks a lot more natural than pencilling them on. The gorgeous matte shades also double up as eyeshadow, which I've done on a few occasions. The hair spray (RRP £11.95) works really well without weighing hair down and has a gorgeous scent.  The salt scrub is quite good but leaves skin a bit greasy after use. I haven't used the Green People night cream as I'm awful at getting into a routine with these things so will never see the benefit anyway. On a slight downer, when I was opening the exquisitely packaged box I noticed that the products inside had a layer of dust on them! Maybe they were left out on a shelf before sending or the box was left open for a while. All was forgiven once I'd started rooting through the box and trying the products out, though!



(Giving my friend Jen a drunken brow makeover..!)

Bottom line: WOW factor 10! A hell of a lot of great quality products for the £12.95 monthly price (let alone for free, in my case!) Really pleased with my GlossyBox!

Boudoir Privé

L'Agent Provocateur perfume sample
Macadamia Hair oil
Colbert MD: Eye Cream
Cargo: Eye pencil in Aqua
Zoya: Nail polish in Tao
Tropic: Body Polish

The products in this (adorably packaged) box were noticeably smaller than the ones in the GlossyBox. Again, bog standard perfume samples being used as filler, but as it wasn't one of the main 5 products, I shall let it go! My favourite product is the Zoya nail polish, which is a shimmery gun metal grey and is nice and opaque. The Colbert MD Eye Cream retails at £90 for 15ml, which makes this 5ml sample worth £30 - yowzer! I gave it to my mum who suffers from extreme puffy eyes, but this reacted with them and made her eyes really red so perhaps it isn't for sensitive skin. I haven't really used it myself because I'm too scared I'll get hooked on it and have to sell Roxy to the circus to fund my habit. I don't really used coloured eye pencil so this will be going to one of my pals for crimbo! The body polish smells phenomenal. I haven't tried it yet, but it's worth noting it's the company owned by Susan Ma from The Apprentice! Finally, the hair oil is another item that will be going onto a loving new home this christmas, as my fine locks don't require it! 



Bottom line: More luxurious and niche brands than its competitors, but you don't get as many mls for your money (£10 a month).
~

Final thought on beauty boxes in general (any excuse to continue using this jazzy bold font): I think these are a super exciting concept, but do need to be tailored to the individual customers' needs if they are to be a long-term success. If I had paid £10 and received something that was totally wrong for my skin/hair type, I'd be peeved. I think GlossyBox do get you fill in some details along these lines so you do get what you want, but as I just received a sample, I didn't get to try this aspect out so I'm not sure about that. 

So what do you make of this beauty box lark? Have you tried any of the others out there? I want to hear about your faves - spill the beauty beans!

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment