How to make your summer dresses winter-ready in two easy steps

Reader Question: 
"What is an easy way to change-up my favorite summer dress so that I can wear it in the fall/winter?"

Well...In TWO easy steps, you can continue getting mileage out of your favorite summer staples during the cold season!  

SUMMER:
  Dress: Nordstrom
Belt: Nordstrom
Necklace: Vintage
Heels: Jessica Simpson (who I swear is pregnant right now...am I right?)

FALL-READY:
Step 1:  Add tights or leggings.  
Consider color and texture for a cozy, weather-appropriate look.  

Step 2: Add a comfortable sweater or wrap.  
Here I added a cashmere sweater that is light but very cozy.  Adding the skinny belt keeps it in place and adds a fun element.  Style Tip - the thicker/chunkier the sweater, the wider the belt should be!  

A few other considerations:
- First determine whether the print and color of the dress works for fall/winter.
- Stay away from transitioning dresses with a super light fabric (a true sundress isn't going to look appropriate in the snow!)
- Boots are fun to pair with dresses (see my photo HERE featuring the same dress!) 
- Layering + layering + layering!

The view I woke up to this morning...I got cold just looking outside! :-)  

But seeing this view made me truly realize (and finally accept) that summer is over.  Sigh...!  I guess it's time to fully embrace a new season of clothes.  

So are you transitioning dresses from summer to fall? 

XO - Marion

PS - If you haven't already, please jump in and join the giveaway going on right now for the $30 ULTA Giftcard!  Click HERE to enter today! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment