Save or Splurge Sunday: Fall Shorts

1) You need a pair of fall shorts.  


2) You go shopping.  


3) You find 2 pair that fit what you are looking for (yippie!)  


The Dilemma: Do you save or do you splurge?


Save:
Old Navy Women's Cuffed Herringbone Shorts - $29.94
Buy it here

 Splurge:
Anthropologie Dorian Shorts - $128
Buy it here


Things to consider:
- How well are each pair cut and tailored?
- Is this an item that you will continue to wear for a few seasons?
- Is this to be a statement piece in an outfit or a base piece?


What would you decide?


My verdict: Save!  Why?  Because I would use this piece as a neutral base and add color, texture and interest with my top, shoes and accessories.  Although I love the velvet trim to the Anthropologie pair, I always like the idea of a belt with shorts so I don't find this detail necessary.  But that is just me...how about you!?


And while we are at it, here are a couple different ways to wear fall shorts:

Leather shorts (HUGE for this season) look uh-mazing with a 
collared white shirt and grey neutral sweater.  

Blair from Atlantic-Pacific looks effortlessly chic adding
black leggings and leather booties. 

Thanks so much for reading!
XO-Marion





0 comments:

Post a Comment