What You Can Learn From Rachel Zoe's Closet

What comes to mind when I say "Rachel Zoe?"
Personally, I think of the following: inspiring, organized, dramatic, fun, and intense.

Recently, Who What Wear teamed up with The Coveteur to take a sneakpeak backstage at Rachel Zoe Headquarters.  And wouldn't you know it - all those words I would use to describe Rachel, also apply in describing her workspace!

We have all seen "The Rachel Zoe Project"...if you haven't, you are ba-na-nas! (Sorry...I couldn't help myself;-)).  Looking at the photos, I couldn't help but be inspired as I continue to look for ways to improve and organize my own closet. 


Below are the best images of what the discovered behind the style icon's doors.  All photos - The Coveteur.

Umm...is this what heaven looks like?  Seriously.  
RZ's motto is "You can never have too many options."  Word.
Closet Tip: Organize shoes by color and style/ occasion (casual, formal, work, etc.)


Color coordination is a huge part of the way RZ organizes her shoe and clothing options.  A little OCD never hurt anyone.
RZ does so many red carpet looks that she keeps a wide collection of chic clutches on hand to complete each look. Again, items are shelved according to color stories.

Here are shoe samples from RZ's 2012 resort collection...love the 70's influence she is so well known for in the industry.  Her favorite chain-strap Chanel bag anchors the feature in Women's Wear Daily from earlier this year.  Her staff framed the article to be displayed in each of Rachel's four offices.
Closet Tip: Just because it's your closet, doesn't mean you can't hang style artwork or inspiration on the walls.  Consider hanging a small bulletin board in your closet and posting your favorite style and fashion looks you find when flipping through magazines.  

 Rachel stores her nail polish on a display wall according to brand.  
Closet Tip: I love this idea to display fun cocktail rings with the polish.

Here is Rachel's "second closet" full of vintage pieces.  When she is designing new looks, she will often come here for what she says is her "greatest source of inspiration."

Seeing how Rachel organizes her closet provides me with some great ideas and motivation for organizing my own walk-in.  How about you?  Is your closet as organized as RZ's?


And because Rachel inspires me so much, I decided to break out one of my latest fall favorites in her honor - my BB Dakota faux fur vest.  We all know that Rachel rocked a fur vest years ago before they became mainstream...


Rachel's Look:

My Look:
















































Ha!  I know.  I take cheesiness to a whole 'nother level!

Thanks so much for reading and leaving your comments.  I appreciate each and every one!
XO - Marion




0 comments:

Post a Comment