The Summer Send-off

I've just got home from one of the loveliest weekends I've had all year. After hearing that this weekend was going to be summer's sweltering swan song, and actually having the weekend off after 5 laborious days at work, Alex and I dusted off our summer outfits and headed to Bexhill, the pretty seaside town where our parents live. 

Saturday day: 



(Bikini - charity shop (don't judge me!), Shorts - Topshop, Sunnies - car boot sale)


Added a charity shop cardi to walk to mum's house and have a cuppa in the jardin. Sandals - H&M. 

Trying on my little sister Shannon's imitation Lita's! She got them on eBay for about £40 (waiting for her to send me the link!). 


Saturday night, we got a takeaway Italian to enjoy with X Factor. My Lasagne doesn't exactly have kerb appeal, but was delicious. 

Sunday morning: Pevensey car boot sale! I got a leather handbag, a weird little purse and a cat brooch. All for 75p.

Sunday afternoon: Went to the beach with Alex and my family (and an inflatable dolphin).

I took the dogs out on the lilo! Dexter loved it because he's a wuss and doesn't like the water, but his sister Lola swam off it to join the boys in playing catch with a tennis ball! 

No tennis for me, thx. Snoozing on a lilo is the way forward.

Love this pic my mum took of Alex and I on the lilo... Never knew my boyfriend was quite so flexible! 

Aaaaannnnd back to reality now. Five days in a row at work. Snow rumoured to be on the way. Eurgh (although slightly 'eee'!)... But what a way to enjoy the final and unexpected moments of summer!

Did you get to enjoy some sunshine this weekend? Either way, was it a fun one?

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment