Fashion Tip Tuesday: Nude Lips AND $30 ULTA Giftcard Winner



I blame J.Lo. 
Seriously.  She is the reason I am obsessed with creating a perfect nude lip. 


See what I mean?  Gorgeous.

I naturally have a lot of pigmint in my lips, so I tend to want to tone them down.  With my darker features, I have never felt confident sporting eye make-up AND a dark red lipstick.  I end up looking like a poor man's drag queen.  So for years I have been on the hunt for lip products that help to create the perfect nude lip.  Here are my favorites:
 
MAC VIVA Glam Gaga 2 Amplified

This shade is unbelievable in covering my natural lip color because it is an amplified formula (amplified formulas are thick and creamy with very high levels of pigmentation).  I use this as my first step to create a base.


The good news: Every cent of this purchase goes to charity 
The bad news: It is a limited edition...so when they are gone I'll cry they're gone




MAC Lipglass in "Underage"


Probably the best lip product I've ever discovered.  Moisturizes, provides semi-opaque coverage and the color is lovely.  I do have to re-apply throughout the day, but that has never bothered me.  If you don't like sticky formulas, you might stay away from this one.




MAC Dazzleglass in "Glitter and Ice"


This past weekend I picked up another limited edition color from MAC's latest seasonal line: MAC Dazzleglass in "Glitter and Ice." Applied alone, it just makes my lips look shiny.  But applied on top of my GAGA lipstick, it adds dimension and a little bit of glitter to a nude lip look.


To avoid looking washed out, be sure to play up your eyes and add a little bit of bronzer.  Otherwise, you could end up looking a little zombie-like.


Maybe it's because she has been in the news all day, but I chose Kim K as someone who personifies the nude lip look paired with lovely eye makeup.  In this photo, she is wearing NARS Turkish Delight...which is on my list of items to buy!


Do you prefer a nude lip or are you all about the color?  What are your favorites?

XO - Marion


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


$30 ULTA GIVEAWAY WINNER!
Thank you so so much to everyone for entering my very first contest for a $30 ULTA Giftcard!  I am so excited to announce that Tiffany is the winner!  Tiffany is the brains and beauty behind one of my absolute favorite blogs I Am Style-ish.  She recently launched a beautiful jewelry and accessory line with her sister called t + j Designs.  Thank you for entering Tiffany and I'll be sending you an email soon!

Thanks again to everyone who joined in!  I will be featuring another giveaway from one of my favorite stores VERY soon...so please stay tuned! :-)


XO - Marion

0 comments:

Post a Comment