The two easiest things you can do to get ready for Fall



Do you ever get overwhelmed?  If not, then PLEASE let me know your secret!  However, if you're like most modern women, you have a lot going on every day.  So as the leaves change color and the weather begins to cool, our "nesting" tendencies kick into gear and we feel an urge to do something to welcome Fall into our home.  However, time is often limited and we end up tossing a pumpkin on our kitchen table and calling it good.  


Pumpkins alone are a little passé.


Here are two simple ways to transform your space just enough:


1)  Fall Flowers
This post is all about doing what is easy...so don't stress and just purchase a pre-arranged bouquet or a bouquet of a single flower.  Here is a bouquet of mums.  Mums are simple and they make me happy.  I purchased these at Whole Foods for $3.  I just snipped them, threw them in a rustic vase and placed some fall-colored table decor and voila!  In approximately 45 seconds I could walk away with a mini-sense of accomplishment.




Fun Fall plates to add whimsy
2)  Change the scent of your home = Change your attitude
Smells have the ability to alter our entire sensory experience, so why not celebrate all the incredible flavors of Fall by filling your home with smells of pumpkin, cinnamon or apple pie?




Bath & Body Works has yummy seasonal candles you must experience.  I originally heard about them on Veronika's blog.  Pictured above is the "Leaves" candle in a B&BW silver holder.  I purchased the candle below to help our kitchen smell like cookie-goodness (I can just see the disappointment on the husband's face when he walks in the kitchen and realizes that I'm not actually baking cookies!)




And yes...that is a Starbucks cup in the background.  Coffee is my secret weapon to handling all the things us modern women need to do each day!


What do you do to get ready for Fall?


XO - Marion


PS - And yes...as a former event designer I know how to design a better table than what is pictured here.  I'll break out my skillz in a later post...this posting is all about doing what is simple and easy. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment