Casual Friday + Moments of the Week



 I last wore the top half of this outfit in this post.  
I thought I'd mix it up with a little green.

Blazer - F21 (Similar HERE and HERE)
Polka Dot Blouse - J.Crew (on sale!)
Shorts - Express (on sale!)
Belt - F21
Shoes - H&M
Clutch - Nordstrom
Sunnies - Tory Burch

I had to include the last photo...a cheesy smile to kick off a holiday weekend!  
And now it's time for the:

Moments of the Week!


Educational Moment
This week I went to a camera class and I learned a ton which was good.  What was not so good was the middle-aged Lord of the Rings devotee who sat next to me and adopted me as his "test subject" for photos.  




How awkward is it when you are looking at your own camera trying to listen to the instructor and the man next to you keeps telling you to "say cheese" as he points his wide angle lens about 3 feet from your face.  I'm not a violent person, but my elbow was twitching.  


Reality Moment
Okay...so this is going to be embarrassing.  But I want to be open and honest with all of you, so I'm going to share a photo that I will probably regret posting the minute I click "download."  


I was cleaning my office today (it's the last day of school!) and I looked around and reality sunk in.  My office kinda sucks.


The office I want:
See the plants, bookshelves and pretty orchid?

The office I have:
I like to refer to my desk as "public school vintage."  And yes...I have three file cabinets.  Each one jammed full of incredibly well-written psychological reports :)

"I'm Going To Miss You This Summer" Moment
My favorite 2nd grade boy (who comes into my office every morning to see what heels I'm wearing) drew me a picture for the last day of school!  


As he handed it to me, he explained the following (in a very serious tone):
"Now Ms. G.  This is a picture of you.  I really am thinking you should wear green eyeshadow...look how much prettier you would look! And you have bangs in this picture.  That might be a good idea too.  Just think about it."

I die!

Thanks SO much for reading and have a memorable and safe Memorial Day weekend!

XO - Marion

Please join us next Wednesday for the "Trend of the Month" Link-up!   
This month's topic is YELLOW!
Click HERE for more details.








HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment