my week in snaps!

Oh hiya! 

So, week two at the new job is over and everything's going swimmingly! Highlights of the week have been getting the opportunity to promote some great bloggers on the website in our Week in Style feature and new DIY fashion feature. I also did an ombre/leopard nail art tutorial for the site, and will be doing those weekly! Just like what I've been doing in my spare time for yonks, but I now call it a job - MADNESS.

So here's what I've been seeing this week...

My morning train must-haves - the make up bag (I can wake up about 20 mins later if I just do my make up on the train!), water to keep the brain going and a pad to jot down to-do's for the day and general ideas!


My train breakfast: Muller light (toffee - the only flavour worth getting!), and some Belvita biccies. I try to start the day healthily as it soon goes downhill... Keep reading...


I went to the Ann Summers press day on Thursday which was actually a rather tasteful do! It was mainly to showcase their new lingerie and shape-wear ranges, loads of which looked rather lovely in a pin-up sort of way (you can see some pics of the event here). They had these cool illustrations on the wall of the event:


Shoe heaven in the office at work!


Did you know Underground now do wedge creepers?! Not so 'in your face edgy' as their flat counterparts. Love!


Gaitane taking Alexxsia's outfit photo for the Office Style Blog


One *mental* thing about the Hearst building is the 'Good Housekeeping Institute' - a large kitchen area where food and drink brands come and demonstrate their new ranges and invite all Hearst staff for, essentially, free lunch! Yesterday, Theresa and I headed there to check out Tesco's new Italian range. I think we were the only fashion mag girls there (besides women's mags like Elle, Harper's Bazaar and Cosmo, Hearst owns a zillion other mags such as Country Living, All About Soap and Esquire) - and we went back for seconds! 


Turns out working for a fashion magazine is not the low-calorie experience I had imagined - food gets sent to the office all the time, not to mention all the yummy treats at press events! Here's a Parma Violet meringue Theresa gave me from a press day! It was amazing!


We also got sent in some muffins and Essie sent Beauty Ed Sophie some pretty cupcakes! 


Back to fash, here's a glimpse in the currently jam-packed fashion cupboard, with all of the clothes being used for upcoming shoots.


When you spend nearly 4 hours on a train every day, you learn to make yourself at home. This was me kicking back one evening and putting my feet up! I've got train-sleeping down now - my leopard print scarf makes a fine pillow! 


This is what I wore to work on Tuesday (I think!) I do have another couple of outfit photos but I left them on my computer at work so don't have them to show you now! 

(Jacket and dress - Topshop, Boots - Office, Necklace - c/o Rock 'n' Rose)

So those were some of the sights from this week! The weekend has been great so far, Alex and I woke up early (I was asleep by 10.30 last night as I was so whacked!) and read in bed for a little while before heading into town for a mooch. We're dining at one of our fave restaurants with his parents tonight, so I'm super excited about that. Tomorrow I'll just chill and blog a little bit more, too! 

Hope you're having lovely weekends where you are! 

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment