Casual Friday + Moments of the Week

I love a casual summer scarf.  
Throw it on over a tank or a t-shirt and you have an easy, not-too-fussy accessory.

 STYLE TIP: 
When picking out a summer scarf, pay special attention to the "fluff-factor."  
I stay away from scarves that have a lot of fabric.  
No one wants to look like they have an anaconda around their neck when it's 80 degrees out.

Scarf - J.Crew (love this style for both summer + fall!)
Tank - Hinge
Jeans - Hudson (on sale!)
Bag - Target (old)
Bracelet - J.Crew

And THANK YOU to everyone who encouraged me to go with the ombre hair color.  I think it's a perfect transition style for summer into fall.

Moments of the Week
Awkward Moment #1
While in the middle-of-nowhere-Colorado, the husband and I ate at this little diner.  Our waitress was wearing this dress and I was so captivated by it, I asked her if I could take a photo.  The following was our exchange:
Me: "I love your dress!  Could I maybe take a photo?"
Gun Lady: "Are you being serious or are you making fun of it?"
Me: "Um, no I like it.  I'm not making fun of it."
Gun Lady: "Well...good.  Cause I've started a list of names of folks who don't like this dress."
Me: speechless but trying to smile
Gun Lady: "Well your photo ain't gonna take itself now is it?"

Seriously...what the heck is she going to do with a list of names?  

Awkward Moment #2
I'm walking the dogs this morning.  We're super happy and admiring the scenery when I hear a man call out, "Hey bitch!"  I whirl around to face this meanie and see a friendly looking man waving across the street at someone.  He calls out again and this time it's clear that he is saying, "Hey Mitch!"  
I chuckle and when he gets closer to me I say, "I thought you were calling me a bitch.  Haha!"  He scrunches up his face, looks at me all weird and asks me, "What did you just call me?" 
Before I could respond he gives me a mean look and walks wide around me to make his way over to his buddy Mitch.  Awesome.  

Just a thought:
You shouldn't name your kid anything that rhymes with a naughty word.  Mitch, Puck, or Hick are not smart choices.

High-Maintenance Moment

We seriously JUST got back from a 3-mile walk when I took this photo.  All mommy wants to do is read a little...but Bogey will stare at me non-stop (even placing his paw on my leg occasionally as if to remind me of his presence) until I take him outside again.  I would say that he has me trained pretty well.

Hope you have a wonderful + memorable weekend!
XO - Marion








0 comments:

Post a Comment