Casual Friday + Moments of the Week

 Lace continues to be a hot trend this spring as the French/Romantic
look overflowed the S/S12 runways.

 Not that I want to look "romantic" at work.  
That would be weird.  I work with kids.

My blush pink casual blazer is the perfect cover-up for the cool morning air.

Lace Top - Forever 21 (Purchase Similar HERE)
Watch - Michael Kors (Purchase HERE)
Necklace and Earrings - Vintage
Blush Tank - Forever 21
Jeans - Hudson
Casual Blazer - Forever 21 (Purchase Similar HERE)

Moments of the Week:

WTF Moment - As a school psychologist, I spend time with kids who struggle with many things including emotional control, depression, impulsivity, anger, etc.  Well...as a reward for making good choices at school, I often let them play on an iPad.  This iPad has all sorts of educational games that have been downloaded by my school district.  

The other day, one of my (most emotionally unstable) students is playing a game called Doodle Hangman.  Well, I peak over his shoulder and see this image:



Apparently, in this version of Hangman, the poor dude actually dies by execution!  Kinda funny in an inappropriate way...but mostly awful.  Especially if I happen to be working with a kid on depression/suicidal issues! 

Needless to say, an alert went out to all in the district to erase the game from all iPads.  

Proud Moment - In other counseling news, I have a "girls group" to address self esteem, violence, gang exposure...you know...the usual.  Well I have developed a component to my this group to include learning about a certain young lady whom they could all look up to:

There is even a section on her fashion (Eeek!) which of course I spent a little extra time reviewing with the young ladies.  

So my proud moment?  When one of the "tougher" girls in the group asked me after school if there was an appropriate age to wear heels "you know...like Princess Kate."  

I believe my work here is done.

Giddy Moment - That very same day, I called H&M on my way home from work to see if the Fashion Star dress was still available.  It was!  So I raced through downtown Denver...


Actually no...I sat in this mess and imagined the last dress in my size being plucked off the racks by a mean girl who doesn't even like dresses but "it's only $19 so why not?"  GRRRR!

The good news?  I nailed princess parking a few steps away from the entrance, walked in, and raced toward the racks where I found my dress in my size (last one!!)   
I beat the mean girl!


Oh, and I found a few other things too... :-)

How was your week?  Any fun moments?

XO - Marion

Click HERE for details on the 
"Trend of the Month Challenge" Link-Up!

This Month's Trend:

  Rock as little or as much neon as you like...Just be sure to join the party!




0 comments:

Post a Comment