against the grain

You know when you take a photo and you think the quality looks fine on the camera display and then you upload to your laptop and are just like 'WTF/how did this happen?/my boyf is such a crap photographer :('? 

Well, that happened. But let's pretend I was going for a grainy Instagram effect because I am trés hip and current. 




The blouse is by Motel's vintage line which seems to have been discontinued online. I got it in the sale at work with some of my christmas money. I also bought the Primark skinnies the other day for £9 and they are amazing. So comfy, a lovely wash and with built in muffin-top eradication technology (read: high rise)! The court shoes were a charity shop find from Bexhill the other week. I have an addiction to pointy shoes with a very small heel at the moment. More glam than flats, less ouchy than heels. 

I've had a few days off work, which has been great. I've been working on side projects, applying for a job or two, staying in my pyjamas for an uncomfortable amount of time and reading books. I just got through this self help book which I found in an Oxfam book shop in Aberdeen. It was sort of a joke buy but has been surprisingly helpful! It has really changed my outlook and given me the motivation I need to sort out the aspects of my life I'm not happy with. So I've decided to go ahead and book that sex change. You will now find my blog at JimFatale.co.uk! Joke! But I do recommend it if you're feeling stuck in a rut and want a new way of thinking.. I'm now onto How to be a Woman, by Caitlin Moran. Jen and Sarah say it's amazeballs, and after only a couple of chapters, I'm in total agreement. 

I'll hush now and let you get back to reading blogs with owners that know how to use autofocus, and perhaps even fancy lenses. I'm not entirely crap, though. You may notice I have given the blog a semi makeover! It is the Blogger 'Simple' template, but it's a start...

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment