How to Wear a Black Blazer for Date Night

I love it when you email me with style questions!  
This week, Sara wrote me:
"I wondering if you had an idea of how I can dress up a simple black blazer for a date night?!  I LOVE the look that you posted of a cream / tan blazer from banana republic.   Any ideas how I can make that kind of look with a black blazer?"


The look Sara is referring to is this one I posted back when I first started my blog:
Random fact:  Apparently this photo has been pinned 2,000+ times on Pinterest!  
  
Black blazers are classic and chic.  You can dress them up or down depending on the type of date you are going on (and how much you like your date!)





Blazer - Gibson (Purchase HERE)
Earrings - Nordstrom
Purple lace top - Poleci via Nordstrom
Black skinny jeans - Jolt (Purchase HERE)
Heels - Guess
Clutch - Urban Expressions (Purchase HERE)

4 Style TIPS for wearing a blazer on date night:
1) Always go with a v-neck underneath.  It creates a beautiful neckline for the blazer to frame.  Plus you can easily control the cleavage story (again...depending on how much you like this guy!)
2) Stay fitted down below.  A pair of skinny jeans is always safe.
3)  If your blazer falls below your waistline (like mine does here), always wear a shoe with a heel.  A longer blazer and flats will only serve to make you appear shorter and thicker.  No bueno.
4) Save the long-sleeved blazers for the office!  A three-quarter sleeve is ideal or just simply roll up the sleeves (as I did with the camel blazer above).  

Casual Date?  
Just throw on a simple white v-neck t-shirt and some colorful heels!  

Thank you Sara for the email!
So tell me, would you wear a black blazer for date night?

XO - Marion

PS - Do you have a style question?  If so, please email me marionberry3 (at) gmail (dot) com and I'd be happy to produce a post on your topic.











0 comments:

Post a Comment