Casual Friday + Moments of the Week

The goofy/happy look here is due to my new t+j Designs layered necklace!
Chambray Blouse - Express (Purchase HERE)
Blazer - Forever 21 (available in stores only)
Skinny Jeans - Jolt (Purchase HERE)
Necklace - t+j Designs (Purchase on sale HERE)
Ring - vintage
Watch - Michael Kors (Purchase HERE)
Heels - Nine West
Bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs

Style TIP:  When you're in a rush OR can't decide what to wear, just throw these four pieces on and you're good to go:
- Heels
- Tailored jeans
- Blouse 
- Blazer

The Top 5 Moments of the Week:

Ouch Moment - This is embarrassing.  I was skiing down Vail mountain with the cheesiest smile on my face...until I noticed that my husband had stopped at the base to watch me.  I know it's weird, but I suddenly got nervous.  Next thing I know, a mogul jumped out at me I hit a mogul the wrong way and I'm instantly airborne.  

It was a complete yard sale...skiis and poles went one way while my knees and shoulders went another.  I laid there with my head buried 5 inches deep and remembered muttering into the snow (despite my slight concussion) one little word..."ouch."

This photo was taken about one hour before the mogul jumped me. Stupid mogul.

Comment of the Week: 5th grade student (in front of the entire class), "I'm experiencing some pain in my lower intestine.  Do you think this could be caused by constipation?  Because I can't seem to go to the bathroom."

Umm, okay...?

Annoying Moment: Okay, so I'm sorry to reference "The Bachelor" for the 3rd week in a row, but I am SO annoyed by Courtney.  If she says, "Winning!" one more time, I am going to scream.

Kinda Funny Moment: I found this sentence in a notebook of a student who left our school.  It just made me kinda chuckle.  I work in a fairly impacted school and being called "meanies" is the least offensive name I think I've heard in a very, very long time!  lol! 

That said, I labeled this only a "kinda funny" moment because part of me is sad that any child can look at school so negatively.  I love school. I love school so much that I work with kids who hate school to try to make them love school.  Ha!


Heartbreaking Moment: I spoke with one of my best friends on the phone this week.  Her mom just died.  My heart broke listening to her complete and utter despair as she talked about the emptiness left behind...  There is no greater heartache then listening to someone you love hurt so badly and you know there is nothing you can do to ease her pain.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Know that I appreciate each and every one of you that stop by my lil' blog :-)

XO - Marion

0 comments:

Post a Comment